Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there. Looking to build a 16 rod fishing rod holder. One that I can put in the corner of room. I've seen these round ones and they would work fine. Need measurements and ideas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have one i made that is a piece of plywood, about 20" by 48" that i put casters underneath and then took pvc pipe about 1' long and a cap on one end that with a long bit i screwed through the cap into the plywood. while mine doesn't hold that many rods you can make it any size you want. i spaced the pipe based upon the distance to keep the reel handles from getting tangled with another. i can roll it anywhere and by being so close to the ground even my 13' rods don't touch the ceiling.
next time i am at my beach house i can take a pic to show you if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Matey, thanks for the reply. Sure would like to see pic. This is a pic of what I got.
20210128_141814.jpg

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hey out there. Looking to build a 16 rod fishing rod holder. One that I can put in the corner of room. I've seen these round ones and they would work fine. Need measurements and ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I have sold many of the round ones through Dicks sporting goods. I would not recommend them at all! The top of the thing never really gets tightened enough to stop it from spinning once the weight of the rods are placed in them. So when it spins and the base stays in place, the tops of the rods rotate around and all sit at a crazy angle exposing the rod tips at about eye level to either get snapped off or gouge out an eye. Neither scenario is ideal. Then the clips that hold the rods suck as if the spinning to the top isn't bad enough. JMO

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Mine holds 16 fly rod tubes but I use it for other rods too - fly, jetty, surf, and freshwater.

This is a corner fly rod tube holder. I think I got it from Cabela's?
20210215_102252.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts