Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys happy New Year to every one
I have a question fow all u wiz kids out there, given that I am throwing with a 525 mag penn 6 oz. and 8 oz. weights with a 12ft. 6 breakaway rod with the same amount of power wich should I be able to throw further, 6oz or 8 oz. I know at some point the trajectory changes because of the amount of weight.I am trying to practice with a 8 oz pitching baseball and i am haveing a difficult time with the swing up and back portion of one of my cast, rod reel and lead just seam to be exstreamly heavy to me. 2. I allso wanted to know if anyone has avett sx 5.1.1 reel i like it and thinking about a new toy for myself , how does this reel compare with lets say abu 6500 is the spool speed compatible? tks for all responses--Tony

·
Registered
194 Posts
dcfishman

I cast alot, more than enough, if it's behind my house or at the point in Hatteras I will cast.. But as you cast you start to realize the more the wieght isn't always better. In fact I experimented, I threw my 11'6'' Tica w/ a Penn Speed Master on it 20 times with each wieght, 6oz. and 8oz. Suprisingly the 6oz was more accurate, easier to throw, and was more aerodynamic. I can to the assumption that when throwing a 11-12 foot casting rod it is a whole lot easier to heave and direct a 6 oz than an 8oz. or a 10oz. wieght.. My 2 Cents

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts