Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how far it is from the parking lots @ DSSP to the water?I'll be down there fishing sat,[hopefully],and wondering if I should bring my cart.If it's quite a distance,I'll just carry my 2 rods & bucket,the cart can be a bear over long distances,as most of you know.Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
if you mean de.seashore st.park. 50 to 100 yards to water depending on where you park. after that, it depends on how far you wish to walk to getaway from crowds. beleive me, you will want to get away from them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Billr-is it really that crowded, and are they really that bad?Maybe I'll go to the Busch race in Dover instead.

·
Registered
680 Posts
the crowds seem to think they own the beach. they can't seem to get it that the fishermen paid to get in also. dover, is really asking for it. he crowd up there is enormus.nascar has a following that is huuuuge. there isn't a hotel,motel or whatever for over a 75 mile radius of dover. traffis will be ,i don't know how to describe it, just huge. all in all, the fishing is picking up and getting better every day. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
With all the rain the sand is a little harder than normal. You'll probably not have a lot of trouble getting your cart to the surf.
I did not have to air down last weekend when driving on the beach because of how hard the sand was packed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info guys,however it looks like my fishing trip will be cancelled since I was in an accident w/ my truck today.I doubt what I get from the rental co. will be large enough to haul my gear.Oh well,heres hoping....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts