Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Distance Casting Clinic hosted by Capital Longcasters with Neil Mackellow.

What a great event! I think everybody there got something out of it (even me) and had a good time while we were at it.

Neil's a great guy, a gentleman (sorry Neil, but it's true!), an incredible athlete and excellent teacher. He knows his sport inside and out, and it's absolutely amazing to watch him.

There were several other absolutely amazing casters there, and all of us novices learned something from watching them, and to a man each of them was patient and willing to help the rest of us. I'm not just talking about guys who've been casting a while either; it was an added surprise to find out several of the Capital Longcasters are national champions!

The group in general was a good group of people; most quite sociable and ready to share tips, stories, and a beer or two (or three).

This was just a great time and an awesome learning opportunity for anyone interested in distance casting or surf-fishing; I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
551 Posts
jedi_angler

Hi Tod,

Glad to see you made it home safely! It was a pleasure to meet you and all the other casters that turned out for the Surf Fishing Clinic this past weekend. It is always a pleasure working with casters that are willing to embrace new techniques, keep an open mind, and show a desire to learn something new, made this a very rewarding weekend for all of us!

I thank you all!

Richard Burton
aka "Longcaster"

·
Registered
681 Posts
Luke I am your father

Jedi,

It was good meeting you also. I too had a ball at the seminar. Though I am very tired today. Remember to practice what you have learned.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Good Time

Much fun was had by all. New techniques will be quite useful on the beach. It was nice to meet everyone and put some faces with names. The high point for me was the Aerolized Off the Ground Cast. I am certainly not experienced with this technique yet but man, it is sweet. My father had a good time to developing his "Shoot from the hip" style. We even won door prizes. No more dull hooks. For those of you who are signed up for this weekend - Have Fun. :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Seminar

Tell you one and all, I had one great time this weekend at the seminar. I met a lot of really really nice people and like to feel I made some new friends. Neil was great and is one heck of a nice guy even though upon occassion he talks funny LOL But I would recommend this clinic to anyone and all of us in our own way have taken something from it, and it is up to us individually to develope it...thanks the the memories....salt..

·
Registered
823 Posts
i'm jealous

i really wish i had been able to swing getting to the clinic. sounds like it was a blast and learned alot too

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raising the Bar

When I can cast a baseball out over the centerfield wall, I'll know I've gotten somewhere!

Maybe then I'll occassionally even catch a fish (if I can figure out how to get the baseball off my line...). :cool:

·
Registered
712 Posts
i'm glad to see everyone had a good time.anyone coming out this week i'm working on something for you to see.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all,
I've been following all the responses from last week's clinic.
Glad everyone is so positive and learned alot about casting and
improving their techniques.
I'm signed up for this weekend and can't wait to meet everyone
and improve on my distances.
Gordon Kirk

·
Registered
551 Posts
This Weekend!

Hi Gordon,

I am glad to hear that you have signed up for the Surf Fishing Seminar this weekend. I look forward to meeting you Friday, at the Dutch Inn Motel, or at the seminar Saturday and Sunday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts