Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
not familiar with grass shrimp, unless you are speaking of general shrimp. If not, since they are almost free, how does one acquire them?

By Dragging a mesh net with a roller along grass banks and pillings;then you put them in a bucket of water from the place you caught them at.There not very big but Ive seen some Grass Shrimp get up to an inch.They like Brackish water marshes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anyone in the Hampton Roads area that dig up their own blood or sand worms? If so do you have any tips, hot locations, or success stories? I frequently visit Buckroe, Oceanview, and Lynnhaven piers/beach area's and Fort Monroe and Fort Eustis bases. I mention these places because I have no clue what type of environment they prefer and if people have dug some up in those places that would be grand. I can't find any help on the internet besides dated Youtube videos from other countries :rolleyes:.
I have seen blood worms swimming above the 50 bridge in ocean city but I am sure they are around the bay bridge don’t know about other areas though

21 - 22 of 22 Posts