Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.. I'm seriously looking at the new tica conventionals. The only thing is, most of the fishing done here is with light lures in the 1-2 oz range, although I plan to experiment with heavier lures for salmon, and bait

My question is.. the tica UEHA630502C 10' is rated at 2-8 oz.. and the tica UEHA733502C 11' is rated at 3-8 oz..

Okay.. we know that the 2-8 oz will cast 1 oz lures better than the 3-8 oz.. correct? Which one of the two will cast 4--8 oz lures better? Logic says the UEHA733502C 11' will be better, but I thought I'd ask..

The other question is...which one is more fun to play fish with, or is the difference negligible... I assume the 10' will be more sensitive?

Thanks.. in advance

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been throwing 110gm weights with bait on my 10 foot Tica UEHA and am getting very good distances with it. Since I was using a 6500 C3CT Elite I did not ccast any lures with it. It is quite a fast rod and it may need a little more than 4 oz for it to load properly depending on your casting style. I bought an Abu 6600 C5 MagX to throw lures with it but have yet to try it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe tica make a different model, not sure of the #, that has cork ring grips. Not the tape, that will throw the weight that you want better. I've seen them on e-bay, check their website too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How far can you cast your plugs with the solaris? The thing is, I have lots of " steelhead" type rods, that I can cast lures about 75 yards with.. I'm looking to add a bit of a heaver...something I will get more distance with, and also allow me to chuck out some serious bait every now and then?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts