Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I know someone had posted up a link a while back about a Capt. of a charter boat that kept trying to swamp yaks and finally one day a Yaker bounced a flair off the boats windshield :eek:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I know someone had posted up a link a while back about a Capt. of a charter boat that kept trying to swamp yaks and finally one day a Yaker bounced a flair off the boats windshield :eek:
ive been trying to tell MAC THAT FOREVER!! WE NEED FLARES!!!!

I always joke about it, but i bet you a big ass fast ball of fire would make that capn chit himself :D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Talk about slingin' lead...

I had a jetskier outside of Lynnhaven Inlet try and swamp me once or twice and laughing the whole time. I waved him over with my dive knife to invite him back to the beach... needless to say my invitation was declined.

·
Registered
127 Posts
news leter

then people wonder way i alweis have a rod with just a 4 ounce pice of led at al times wether its on the yak or the pier.jet skiers dont stey behinde ither.i migtht not have a streight shot when it comes to tournament casting but when it comes to hiting a boat [email protected]#$% im good.mabe i shuld emagen a boat out in the field to cast straight:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Okay so they say that his injuries were not life threatening. I guess the buckshot missed the jerks brain by a few inches:D:D:D

4oz is good. What really works good is an Atom popper in 3 oz. that we would use in New England. You throw the popper across the jet skiers path that he is taking and when he hits the line, it tends to wrap around them a few times.... until the treble hooks from the popper sink in that is:D:D:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can understand if they're trying on purpose like rockstar's story but Chucking weights is not the way to go. Had a friend who was leaving lesner once and had his 3 yr. old neise hit in the head with a 3 oz. sinker.

But if they're trying to swamp you intentionally go ahead haha.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Its all fun to joke about but like fishforfun said, throwing lead at a boat/jetski etc, whether from a yak,shore or pier is stupid and could end up with the throw er ending up in jail.

·
Registered
192 Posts
im glad the guy shot em,hope the boater learned a valuable lesson,when i get a kayak and somebody tries to swamp me im going to shoot a bunch of holes in their boat!no kidding,then im going to paddle away like nothing ever happend.you fire a couple shots off and then they will know not to mess around with you.im not saying i would fire my weapon at a person but in the case somebody is trying to dunk me in freezing water i will not hesitate to make somebodys boat look like swiss cheese!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Make sure you have the numbers to

im glad the guy shot em,hope the boater learned a valuable lesson,when i get a kayak and somebody tries to swamp me im going to shoot a bunch of holes in their boat!no kidding,then im going to paddle away like nothing ever happend.you fire a couple shots off and then they will know not to mess around with you.im not saying i would fire my weapon at a person but in the case somebody is trying to dunk me in freezing water i will not hesitate to make somebodys boat look like swiss cheese!
a bail bondsman and a good lawyer. Shooting into a occupied dwelling, vehicle, vessel is a felony.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can understand if they're trying on purpose like rockstar's story but Chucking weights is not the way to go. Had a friend who was leaving lesner once and had his 3 yr. old neise hit in the head with a 3 oz. sinker.

But if they're trying to swamp you intentionally go ahead haha.
10 feet from the pier or 10 feet from a yak its just asking for it .and im prity shuer im not the onley one that has don it or thought about it .intending to cous bodily harm or to droun a person its a felony as well.:popcorn:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Motor vehicles kill people, thats a fact.

However would you shoot at a car that ran a red light and nearly hit you. Or at someone who cuts you off while your driving and you nearly loose control, they flick you off intentionally, would you then shoot at them? I can only imagine what you guys would do if someone in a car actually hit you.

Road rage much?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Point blank, I don't think shooting at the guy was justifiable. Hell, that's a possible attempted murder charge I would imagine!! So, in the end, what does he get? A little bit wet, and 10 years in prison.... Nice get back!!! I could maybe justify a butt whoopin, but not shooting at somebody.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Motor vehicles kill people, thats a fact.

However would you shoot at a car that ran a red light and nearly hit you. Or at someone who cuts you off while your driving and you nearly loose control, they flick you off intentionally, would you then shoot at them? I can only imagine what you guys would do if someone in a car actually hit you.

Road rage much?
drawinout i do agre with you about the shuting .it is in deed atempt of murder.sgt bunghole .i woldint talk about geting rand over by a car that rand a red light cos how many times you haved driven under the influance af alchol .its atemt of murder as whel.you probably haved never ben in ICU for six month no one knoing if your going to live or dy .busted intestins dislokated sholder craked skallseven craked rybes noked out teeth busted lips and eye braw.i have the scars to talke about geting rand over .its a very tuchy subjekt no one shuld have the rights to talk about if you never ben thear:--|
PS:I HAVED BEN HIT BY A CAR.!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lets see how many times have i been a drunk driver?

I dont drink.

I have also hit a pedestrian in the middle of the road, do you think he lived?

Thank god no one shot me that night, accidents happen.

Yes i do know what i am talking about.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I can see incidents where shooting a boater could be justified. For instance, if you're fishing in a kayak out at the CBBT in winter and some jerk keeps trying to swamp you that would be a direct threat to your life. So you might convince a jury you were justified. In this particular instance, I'd say no. Instead, they should have gotten the boat's number and reported them. However, I'd say 3 cheers to the shooter, and if I had the spare cash I'd get him a dang good lawyer. Tired of effing boaters and jetskiers trying to swamp me...

Heck, I'm still waiting for one of those boats to zip by real close and fast at Lesner back off the main channel...you know the spot Rockstar, where the water goes from 6+ feet to drysand-6inches depending on tide? Or the other side where those oyster beds are...yeah dude! Slam your $40,000 speedboat into THOSE! I'll be laughing all weekend.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hahaha man I got a kick out of reading the comments left on that site.

If you want a good laugh read all four pages.

I've personally seen a 6oz put through the foredeck of a boat, after the capitan (who was running without hull numbers) ran close enough to the pier that he cut all 18 of the king anchor lines (meaning he was within probably 60 yds or so of the pier). One of the regulars brought out a spare anchor rod and threw a 6 right on top of the guy's bow. Never seven slowed him down. He ran straight away down the beach, cuz he knew he was in the wrong I guess. We called the wardens and gave the whole story, about 15 mins later here comes the police boat racing past the pier. They also sent someone out to the end and questioned the guy that threw, but I don't think any charges were filed.

Evan

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
And all this comming from a guy they call "Shooter" :rolleyes: If you carry a gun and pull it out and pull the trigger you better be ready to kill that person, next you have to prove your life was in direct threat and you were unable to avoid the situation.

The same goes for throwing anything at a boat with someone in it and yes it is classified as launching a projectile at an occupied vehicle,,, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00 and go straight to jail :eek:

I know we all get upset and want to do all these things but remember we are teaching the kids who read this board and listen to us the wrong thing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lets see how many times have i been a drunk driver?

I dont drink.

I have also hit a pedestrian in the middle of the road, do you think he lived?

Thank god no one shot me that night, accidents happen.

Yes i do know what i am talking about.
hitig a person with a car and geting hit by a car are 2 diferet things .i dont think you do know what its lke.you sound so proud of not leting a person live. about not driking .whas that after or before runing him over?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts