Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there were 100 views to my post but no other results. Did anyone else go?
-Anthony

·
Registered
26 Posts
Couldn't make it this past weekend but planning an evening stay with the wifey and friends either Sat. or Sun.. Maybe our night will be as productive as yours, congrats on the catch.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
catman, shaggy and FLfisherman went but haven't heard anything about it,what's up guys,no good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
It was a pretty disappointing night. Took a small group of fugees friday night and all we caught was 4 catfish, some perch and one croaker. We were on the Cambridge side using worms and squid. The catfish were indiscriminate, they took cut perch, worm, and squid. People might have had more luck when the tide came in.

-c

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
yeah wasn't great

I met catman out there around 530 and stayed till 0930 and all i caught was 2 croaker and a toadfish. When I left catman had only caught a couple perch. There was a good run of croaker caught between 500 and 730 on the cambridge side and off the right side as you go down the pier but we weren't getting diddlley on the left side. Doh well was a good day though as I spent the rest of it at Ocean City soaking up some rays with my girlfriend and son. :D Nice meeting ya shaggy and always good to see you again catman. Till next time!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess braving the storms friday afternoon must have impressed the fish gods. Or maybe my girlfriend was the good luck charm. Sorry to hear that you didn't catch much. Maybe next time.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Arrived about 1:00 am after work, stayed until about 8 or 9 I think, Some cats (given away), but did walk away with three decent croakers, and since I'm the only one that eats fish, enough. Did meet Catman, FL Fisherman and Naiad (did I get it right this time?).

All and all, good time but figured that I'm too old to try and pull allnighters, even to fish.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Fished the Cambridge side from 4:15AM to 3:00PM and the reports by chuckingstuff, Naiad, Shaggy and FL FISHERMAN pretty well summed up the fishing. Well almost. Around 1:pM all hell broke loose with a hugh school of stripers. Jason, remember the guy to the left of us who kept crossing everyones line? He started yelling "someone bring a net". I thought it was just part of his act until I saw his rod almost doubled. I grabbed the drop net and quickly had his 25" rock flopping on the road. Just about that time two of the guys in my group started yelling for the net. Before I could get the net in the water my rod doubled over. For an hour everyone caught rock from 20" to 25" and my back is still sore from bending over the rail pulling up fish. Between the three in my group plus myself and the man and two kid to the left we netted 12 keeper rock. All of us in my group got our limit. Mine were 24" and 22". And just that quick they were gone. I've never seen anything like it. All the fish were caught between the two bridges on bloodworms and the tide was just about at low tide. As we were leaving we talked to few other fisherman who experienced the same thing. One guy had a rock the we measure for him at 30". What an hours worth of fishing. Glad we hung around.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to hear there are some rockfish there. Wish I had stayed an extra day. The game warden told me that fishing had been a little slow and the rockfish have been few and far between. I may try to make it out this weekend but am not sure yet.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Nice that is what I am talking about. Wish I could have gotten some of that action. I actually stopped by on my way back to see if you guys were still there around 6 pm but you were already gone. Definitely was worth the wait for 6 people to limit out on striper in an hour. Nice job!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
catman,I guess next time you go,you'll find out who will bring"another net",worked your "OLD bones" off running back and forth but it was fun wasn't it. Well we'll have to hook up sometime before the season is ended,maybe in the fall we'll see.To one OLD TIMER,from another hope to see ya. TRIGGER

·
Registered
399 Posts
dont feel bad the bay was slow on croakers also. day and night fishing. we did catch some and they were huge, but it was not many. plenty of spot and white perch though

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's funny, I didn't see any spot at all. I thought that they would be running thick by now.
-Anthony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts