Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and daughter and I spent the week before Christmas and the week after fishing the north end of PINS.
I think we did pretty good for a guy from IOWA.
I'm calling the big one 42 inches but it could be up to 44. It was at least 6 inches longer than the 36 inch bump board.

My girl caught a 34 that she tagged and a 38 she released. The big girl was kissed and released unharmed.

Right after the girl caught the 34 I hooked up on a good one and was thinking we are going to tag out today but when the fish got into 2 ft of water I felt a metallic clink and the hook rolled out. The sinker must have swapped sides and it was gone. Had a good run later that was stronger than the 42 but the line must have got scraped and she broke me off at about 200 yards out. We caught 3 oversize reds and tagged one even though we had three tags.
What do you guys think? Is this a Padre Island grand slam..................Speckled Trout, Black Drum, Pompano and Whiting.
4.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

·
Registered
859 Posts
Congratulations on the successful endeavor. The smiles on the faces and the wet dog says it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts