Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,who is going to check out Sports Authority's compition on Sunday?

I,after seeing Surf N Turf's cooler,am gonna get a new cooler!
I got one of them coupons in Sunday's paper for $10.00 off you first $25.00 you spend.

And after getting some tips from New Yorker,I will need to pick up some heaver terminal tackle.

So come one,comme all,bring your Visa,cause they don't take American Express! ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
NS$D, I saw the new Coleman Marine cooler at Kmart Sunday and it looks much better than my Xtreme. Check it out first. Didn't have any price on it, but it looked better and it was a 70 Qt. Tell ya what, if you still like mine better, get the 70 Qt Marine and we'll trade. I'll pay you the diff if there is one. ;)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How am I suppose to use my Coupons? :D
The 70 QT migt be too large,I have attached that Surf Rod/cooler holder I got from Fish-n-Mate.(I will email you a pic)

I think I need a 50 QT cooler.

BTW-I am planninig on taking my daughter tomorrow fishing @ Ruddee Inlet,lemme know if your interested

·
Registered
270 Posts
Alright! Now you're ready to rock and roll!

I have the 50. Check out the 70 at Dicks. 16" width max for the cart what is it for the hitch?

Tomorrow? Got to pass. I like those long weekends, so Friday is looking better.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am inchin to play hooky from work,on Friday,but I already have 2 guys out.

I will see if I can play my cards right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dicks is open now and it looks great, probabally will put the sports stores in that area out of business. They have a great fishing section. just cant wait till bass pro opens and this area will be great

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just remember while your getting your great deals at Dicks that they are probably not working very hard at keeping the beaches accessable. I don't mean that getting a great deal on a cooler is a bad thing, but when it comes to the gear I'll spend the extra couple of bucks at the local shops in Buxton. Those guys are always willing to give me great service and advice. If I am buying a couple of bucks worth of bait or a new rod it doesn't matter. They are also involved in events that help us all. I went to Frank and Frans drum torny a few years ago. It was $75 to get in but I got a shirt $15 and bag of goodies worth about $25. Then I got another shirt and a tackle box $30 as a door prize. Also 3 days of fun and a realy good meal. To top it off Frank and Fran gave every Kid 12 and under a rod and reel combo worth $120. After Seeing what they gave back with the help of other local merchents I don't mind waiting till I get to the beach even if it costs a little more, and I'm not so sure it does.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point H2O-I wish Va Beach and the surrounding cities local tacle shops can do the same things,and offer the same deals and events that Ocean City,Sandy Point,and OBX offers.
But I don't think until the following Hampton Roads communities embraces shore fishing,surf fishing,pier fishing as a recreational staple,as the cities and towns I mentioned,I really don't have no choice but to go to these Mega-retail stores and find deals that I know the local tackle shops don't have.
It is not to say I don't spend my bucks @ the local tackle shops.It is hard to find Tica's,Fenwicks,Lamiglass,Star,and a pelthora of quality brands @ Super K or Sports Authority.
May be Dick's may soon sponsor a surf fishing tornament,and have the cooler I am looking for as a 3rd place prize :D

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Visiting local shops is alot of fun. Some are better than others. I guess I will find my purchases probably splitting along the lines of Purefishing products, mega stores and everything else from small shops. The service is most important to me. By the way if I want something different(I do from time to time) Bishops, Capt Hogge's have been willing to get it for me. And Grafton Tackle supply's selection is slowly improving and they have fresh bait(or well frozen bait). Lighthouse has a great blend of quality bait and gear. When I go south(which is be less often than I want) I make time to get to Hatteras Jacks, Frank and Frans etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts