Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I expect in the surf, and are there any piers in the area.
First time to this area...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not sure what should be biting this time down there.....would guess drum, trout, whiting and maybe still some pompano hanging around. Okaloosa Island Pier is probably the closest to Destin and Navarre may be next closest.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cast out as far as you can and then put one about 15 yards out and experiment from there to see what is the ideal distance, if you have more than two rods, just set them all out at different distances. When you catch several fish at a specific distance, move all rods to that distance. Most of the time, you want to have your bait resting in the areas where the waves are breaking. It will vary from place to place

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I normally do but some ppl were saying that in that area
You catch real close to shore. Will post how it goes down there
Thx all

·
Registered
618 Posts
This is a great forum but must of the guys are from the east coast.
I am equally far from anywhere to fish from the beach.
When we are going to the Florida panhandle I try to keep up with what is happening at:
http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/
When we go to Texas I look at:
http://www.corpusfishing.com/
But I always look at PierandSurf to get the low down on how its done the right way...................................................................

·
Registered
488 Posts
Half Hitch will have all you need.......they used to have a fishing report tied into the website, not sure if they still do or not tho? May be worth checking out if you have time.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good luck! We have this cold snap coming through this weekend, but early to mid next week it looks like it is gonna warm back up. Water temps have been dang near perfect as of late. I'm planning to hit the flats for some trout next Tuesday or Wednesday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts