Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is a message from a loyal PLO and Pax fisherman thats in Iraq. I am a combat medic with the 173rd airborne infantry there the guys who parachuted into this country. I also grew up in Southren Maryland fishing all over. Recently we got computers and the first thing I did was check Pier and surf to see how the fishing was back home. I never really knew any of you regulars but I loved reading youre stories and learned alot from this site. Now when I ever I get to come in from the line I always check what the real action(fishing that is) is back home. If you guys could keep posting youre stories you would be doing a great service to me by letting me share in the experiances you guys are having that I wish I was there for. Also if anyone could tell me where to order some good salt water fishing magazines or books that would be great its hard to find that stuff here. Anyways I wanna share a recent fishing experiance I had. We were on a patrol near the Tigris river when we came apon some young kids fishing. They were using cane poles and stick bobbers with goat cheese for bait, they were cacthing what we would call sunfish or bluegills of pretty good size. Anyways I convinced one to let me give it a whirl and just feeling that bite was all it took to give me a case of fishing fever, I miss it man more then my fiance sometimes, just kidding. But at least now i can say I have fished in the Tigris thats one for the pier stories. Well anyways I look forward to coming home and catching some nice rocks this spring so save some for me guys. Take care and keep me up on the fishing

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Take care my friend for I am too a combat medic(Bosnia, Kosovo and Kuwait) Come back safe and we will leave some fishies for you!:D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings combatcatcher!

The fish were probably a member of the tilapia family (they're farm raised here in the States, and can be caught in the Miami canals.)

If you have access to a computer, you could try ordering from

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

They might even waive shipping if the books are going to Iraq. Keep your head down and keep checking in on us....

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
combatcatcher said:
...Also if anyone could tell me where to order some good salt water fishing magazines or books that would be great its hard to find that stuff here.
Drop me a PM or email with your mailing address. I must have 30 or 40 Saltwater Sportsman magazines in a box collecting dust that I would be glad to send you.

Sandcrab
(ITC,USN, Retired)

·
Registered
823 Posts
STAY SAFE

combatcatcher.... need to get back and snag a few ya self. never was military but been a street grunt medic for almost 20 years

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
C.A.R.E Package being mailed out

Guys,

I will be mailing out a CARE package to Don in the next day or two and I hit upon a great idea. I will be sending a bunch of photos that I have taken on fishing in the bay, ocean shots, and the like. I intend to burn them to to CD-ROM and send them to him with the magazines I promised him. If anyone has any fishing photos they would like me to send them, just email them to me and I will put them on the CD-ROM for him. If they are too big for my Hotmail account please send them to my work email at [email protected] which allows larger files to be sent.

Let's get this guy back in the loop on fishing!

Sandcrab

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Sandcrab!

That a great gesture! Feel free to go to http://photo.epson.com/ and throw my email adress [email protected] in the visitor box. Take any photos you want....

I just got rid of about 4 years of mags... Wish I could have used them for such a worthy effort! Most were recycled, while the rest went to a doctors office that never has anything but (uugh!) GOLF DIGEST!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts