Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there ever try the Dennis Braid Slammer series lures for surfcasting? Just curious....

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've got a couple in the 3 1/2 & 4 oz size.Mine are the 790 series and are flat on one side. They have a good looking eye and nice detail on the body.I did change the hooks out to a larger treble hook as I was casting to Tarpon & Redfish pods over 100 yards out..Both of them have a little wear on the last 1/4" where blues have hit them and one is wearing from where I have drug it thru the sand. I use a Diawa Emblem 5500 with PowerPro and they'll cast a long ways.I don't recall catching anything on them other then blue's but it was a bad year for fishin around here.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, y'all. I saw a 2 oz in Wally World yesterday and it looked pretty nice, but I had never heard of 'em before. I like the size to weight ratio. Looks like it would cast pretty good, but I was afraid that the 2 oz size might still be too small to get out where the blues are. And they didn't have any larger/heavier ones there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts