Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip out of Deltaville this Sat. How is the striper catch been? Has anyone been near there lately? It'll be my first time on the bay this time of year and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Taking a charter? or your own boat, there,s fish out there. waters not cold enough for BUBBA,S although i,m a witness to alot of fish that shoud not have been there! . can,t catchem if you don,t have a bait in the water.we grew up with a house up there caught fish year round,try hard crab if your still fishing,storms and streaches if your trolling. i saw 2 kings jump through bait last week fishing for drum off sandbridge! so theres still fish here, water temp is getting down quick . hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, that does sound encouraging. The boat is a charter with 12 guys. I'd love to be able to eat some fresh striper, but I'm not picky. Fishing is great, catching better. Beats the bejeebers out of raking leaves. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, we went out of Reedville and headed south. I was misinformed. Should have stayed home for muzzleloader opening. 20 or so boats chumming for rock and we saw and heard of maybe 3 or 4 fish caught by all of them all day. Does high pressure weather affect the bite? Nice boat ride.....

·
Registered
624 Posts
yeah these fronts have shut down things around here lately. Been some reports of bigger fish showing up but still too early for the good run of big'ns. Plenty of schoolies around closer to shore. Water temp should be dropping pretty good now so we should see some nice fish rolln in here soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts