Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna be up for easter weekend to surf fish....what runs up there about this time .....i know depending on water temps........ooops cant edit delware.....with delaware

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since Easter is a little later this year, the water should be getting warm enough. It just depends on what happens with the weather. I have a place near 3 R's at the State Park and usually the blues are always there, plus the stripers could be too.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Surf may be slow, but try IRI and 3 Rs.

Also, there's some bridge (or two) just west of Fenwick/Bethany area that supposedly has some nice resident striper activity. Check at Fenwick tackle and maybe they can point you in the right direction. I've never fished there but have seen a couple nice ones brought in to the tackle shop from there.

A little further south you can try Homer Gudulsky Park (aka Stinky Beach) for some hickory shad action. Fish the rips area at the right side of the beach, casting out maybe 100 ft with a tandem jig rig (1/4 and 1/2 oz bucktail style) or gotcha plugs.

The OC Inlet jetty is another god place for early blues mixed with shad. Fish the north jetty on the end, but on the beach side ... cast out from 10:00 to 11:00 direction.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
hey Hooked up,

can't speak for delaware, but a little further north across the bay in cape may the surf is goona be pretty slow, unless the water warms up a bit which I don't see happening, BUT...ya never know. That's why they call it fishin. Give it a shot and let us know how ya do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.