Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I live in Maryland, I really enjoy fishing at IRI and the DE surf. I would really like to see the Delaware Hot Spots listing BEEFED up to include all those spots that we all know about, but are not listed. Considering all the HOT SPOTS in Delaware, it is a shame that only IRI has a write up to assist new anglers understand and fish this outstanding Delaware fishing spot.

Here's my challenge to everyone who fishes the Delaware beaches and inlets - Let's show up the other forums and write up all those Delaware spots that we know should be listed but are not - Cape Henlopen, Roosevelt Inlet, etc.

It doesn't take a lot of time and more time will be spent going out to the spots and taking some good digital photos (to send in with the package to Flea) than to actually write up the articles.

I will start the ball rolling with a write up for Cape Henlopen and will have it submitted to Flea before the end of the month - I just have to take some photos of the pier without snow on them! :eek:

I knot there are lots of diehard Delaware fisherpersons out there who really want to make the HOT SPOTS listing reflect all of the outstanding fishing that the state of Delaware has to offer. ;)

Who's game and who want's to help? :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
i have given reports before but no one acknowledges, so here's one more. a rock was caught sat. morning on the jetty at IRI. 31 inches.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

Appreciate your input for fishing report items, however what I am looking for is for people to put together "Hot Spot" write ups for the Delaware area as listed in the Hot Spots link under "On the Water". This includes photos.

Delaware does not have any except the write up for IRI.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...I think you might do well to get the local tackle shops like Sue Foster's and Bill's Tackle involved in your project. These are the folks who will altimately benifit from making Hot Spots more know to the public. These are the people that I rely on when I come to Delaware to fish. Let's face it, unless you are fishing from a boat whether it be headboat, charter, or private, Delaware only has a small handfull of locations where one can take their family for a day of fishing. Just about all of the Maryland Hot Spots are family oriented. Once you get away from IRI and Cape Henlopen there isn't much left for the shore fisherman unless you're fishing the surf.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Catman,

Good idea! I get their fishing reports and I'll drop them an email and explain what we would like to do. They have been super helpful with some other questions I have had in the past.

I really need a list of all the spots that we should put in the Hot Spots area from all the fisherman that fish Delaware. Once I have the list, we can work at writing up all the articles. We'll need digital photos too of all the spots.

This can be done if everyone chips in and helps out - This project is too much for one person. I know that we can make the Delaware Hot Spots alot better than they are now. :)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...Sounds like a very worth while project the I'd like to help with. Let me see what I can put together from my end.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I know alot about Roosevelt Inlet,but it need a little bit more reaserch.I like to make sure it a good spot before I post it,or thinking about posting it.A little help is always nice ;) .We could all get together and do write ups on new fishing spots. :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you guys are ready to rock-n-roll! ;)

I used the web to get lots of info when I wrote up the IRI article. I would like to put a spreadsheet in each article listing the fish and the type of bait/lures that are most effective in catching it.

The Delaware DNR website is a good start and lists all the Delaware parks.
http://www.destateparks.com/frontgraphics/places.htm

·
Registered
680 Posts
what you need is to get some conservation groupsetc., there is a group of greedy developers that are trying to get approval to privatized the marina,and everything else ayt IRI. if they get their way thera will be no fishing on the north side. as for tackle shops sue foster is in ocean city,md. for the north side of the inlet old inlet bait and tackle are best.south side b & r tackle in bethany. as i fish these areas almost every day, i know where the best info will come from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts