Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any diehards out there fishing this time of the year in Delaware. I'm here until Thurs and wanted to know if I should try my luck or wait for the thaw? Can't believe it won't get warmer here until I leave. I'll just have to come back when things gets hopping again. Any info will be appreciated. Until next time, dream big---fish. :eek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
it's pretty much on hold for now. not even herring. if anything breaks i'll post it. i live in rehoboth and check it almost every day. :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
They are still catching some fish. Check out the B& R Tackle Shop Fishing report:

"The fishing has slowed down with the season coming to a end with reports of stripers in Delaware Bay. If you would like to try to fish in the bay the best areas have been the Rips for the stripers. Live eels, bucktails with worms or top water plugs are the bait of choice. Indian River Inlet has been slow with catches of stripers.T he incoming tide seems to be the most productive to catch these fish. Bucktails and plastic worms are the best bait for the stripers. The surf fishing from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick State beach is producing a few stripers if you are willing to bare the cold weather. The best bait for these fish are mullet and sea clams."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey guys,

One of yours escaped...met her on the pier today. She got tired of the cold and snow..packed-up and moved down. She's pretty good at hucking 2nbait! Had a local woman with her(who had lived here all of her life)and was teaching her how to fish!!
If it gets too cold you could always follow her lead ;)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Jighead
You mean to tell me you didn't show those ladies some Florida hospitality or maybe a few private fishing lessons. :D :D

If not , next time tell them about Kozlow's
fishing clinic in Indialantic Florida.
New Patron's Alway's Welcome. :)
T<----->Lines

Kozlow

·
Registered
130 Posts
She could have taught me a thing or two...fishing or otherwise. Was great having her there, she knew quite a bit! Might have to talk her into casting lessons!!! Her friend was really nice but a bit of a spaze. Didn't care for touching bait(snicker,snicker). I think it became a bit anoying for her friend.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Fished IRI Saturday morning. Water was cold but no snow around. One other person fishing but no luck either. Went over to Cape Henlopen Pier but it was low tide.

Still hearing reports of stripers in the surf on cut mullet and clams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts