Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have consultated a crystal ball,ouji board,physic and a magic 8 ball.Its a very complicated process and this is the results.

The first TROUTSMACK will happen in the Roosevelt inlet/Broadkill River on Saturday 4/26...
The trout will hit Indian river Inlet the following week
Chicken soaked in Peeler oil for the shore fisherman.Boat fisherman jig heads with pink and green plastics will be the ticket.It would have been sooner but this weeks cold snap put it back 10 days.

any more questions><}}>???

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Are we talking about the "Tiderunner" Weaks? I need to catch a trout from IRI larger than 6 lbs - Like the 9 pounders taken every year! ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Your time estimate sounds reasonable to me. I might even add a week.

The first few weeks purdue peeler and jigs will be the hot bait. Peeler will be best approaching the first molt. Late may and early june will be primo for live spot in the inlet. I am ready for it. Weakfish on plastics is my favorite fishing besides tog. I am heading to Bass Pro shops to buy a new Loomis rod shortly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sandcrab the first trout of the season are usally the big tiderunners.
Duke you may be correct on the run starting earlier,some of my info suggested that.
Also save that money on that loomis and try the tica.I love my 7 footer and I just bought a 8 footer for the inlet and a spanish mack set-up and a 12 footer for 8-n-bait.
So any predictions on the Delaware bay croaker run??

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for the hot info. As IRI is quickly becoming my favorite fishing spot, I will be out there trying my luck. Where in relation to IRI is Roosevelt Inlet? Is it off of Route 1 North of Cape Henlopen?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roosevelt inlet is in Lewes, its the mouth of the broadklill river and it combines with the lewes-rehoboth canal.You can also fish the broadkill river at beach plum state park.you get to broadkill by taking rt 16 east till you run into the beach at the broadkill store turn right follow road till it turns into beach plum island st park . either drive on or walk on.
go her and do a search for broadkill
trotsmack http://www.cafelocale.com/fishing.html

·
Registered
565 Posts
I ended up getting a St Croix. It is an 8ft moderate tip medium action rated for 8-17lb line. I will be spooling up with green camo yozuri hybrid in 12 lb. It is a bit on the hefty side, for jigging around pilings, but just right for fishing jetties. I plan on fishing the jetties at Cape May point and IRI a whole lot in the future and the small amount of added backbone will be a real plus. I think I will buy a slightly lighter and shorter rod for jigging pilings soon. I already have an outfit that works quite well for this application, but I want to upgrade. I now own 2 St Croix rods and a few Loomis rods also. They are both fantastic and I am now somewhat spoiled as far as equipment goes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bill
I just looked at several of the newer models of the G Loomis rods.They still carry the name and operate as a different businness.
bob

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Doverpower!

Could you get those IRI weakies to wait a week? May 03 is the fluke opener in NJ, so I'd rather they show up on the 10th. I'll have the mandatory purdue peelers, but I might have more faith in a gob of bloodies under a float....

I'm also looking for a tiderunner, preferably in double digits. If all goes well on April 19th, I may become a semi-permanent fixture at the inlet! Let's see -- April thru June at IRI, September thru November at the 'tank -- guess it'll be cheaper to move below the Mason-Dixon line....

·
Registered
680 Posts
roosevelt inlet is about 17-18 miles north of IRI. go north approx. 12 mi. to the road going to chsp & cape may ferry. follow till you get to the "T" in the road, go left into lewes,there will be a dairy queen on your right. go left for 30 yds{?}, go right. that is cedar st. the inlet almost two miles. depending when you go there it is sometimes very crowed.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
By the 26th;nightfishing should be good too?
I baught some new soft plastics made by Storm
and its similar to the FinSfish.I can't wait to try them on the Weakfish/fluke(flounder). :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts