Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of wants you to know that the Annual Spring Surf-fishing Tournament will be held on Saturday, May 10th. Registration forms will be available online at http://www.thequietresorts.com. at the Chamber office, and also at area bait & tackle shops. Registration forms will be available by the end of this month. Anglers may also call 800.962.SURF for more information.

·
Registered
680 Posts
bethany-fenwick C of C has an annual spring tourn. and they are also endorsing the group that wishess to take over the north side of IRI and privatize it for special interest group. if they get their way you will not be able to fish the north side of IRI. i can't support any such group. others wil do as they choose.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

I've already voice my opinion on this private "takeover" on the state's web site. Hopefully it will not happen. Also, I sent in my recommendations to the bridge construction company and recommended that they do not install any type of lighting below the bridge or near the jetty areas to spook the stripers from coming into the jetty areas and feeding at night. Got a feeling that the North jetty will not be as serene and pristine as it is now. :(

·
Registered
680 Posts
i agree except for lights. they attract bait fish and bait fish attract bigger fish. but again at other times no light is best. down there we have the best of both worlds. i have fishedoff and on at the IRI since the mid forties. camped there as my kids grew up. anyone who wants to take away my right to fish there so he can make money and only wealthy people can afford to use is as low as a person can get. just my opion of course.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally I like the "light off" to catch the stripers on topwater plugs in the PM. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
you haven't fished the cape in the fall. i fish there at night [on the pier] and you can here them splash.or you can walk along and see them flash as they go for bait. there are nights you can go out there and get 0, 1-or so , or you may get 50-60 or more. one night we played until we got 100. sometimes this goes on until jan.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you fish under the pier or near the shoreline? I was thinking of doing some wading and casting topwater plugs during the night.

·
Registered
680 Posts
fishing under the pier is diffult at best. when you fish there you will see what i mean.as for wading the shoreline can be dangerous. you can catch a lot of fish. but first i think you should get there at dead low tide and watch it come in. from the high water mark ,at low tide , you can walk out 500ft or more. but as the tide comes in it deep fast. it's a full moon tomorrow night, and from the shoreline, if you take 4-5 steps you could be in 4-5 or more feet deep. but at high tide you can walk along the shoreline and catch rock, trout and flounder. i'll have to meet you there sometime and give you a quick tour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts