Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figure gas, bait, beer and food, $30 - $40 easy. Heck, I am lucky. aren't you? Check out my thread on open board or go to Florida board and benifit for Brandon (bet we all can find something we are lucky with, and come up with a buck or two :) )

Have Jeep will travel. :D

(But even the ol' girl understands, there is more important things than fishing, and since she is old, maybe she can use a day off from the sand anyhow, she still got last weeks sand to make her feel good).

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I'm not quite sure what I just read but I think Shaggy has issued a challenge to all MD/DE board members to help with the Brandon Cancer Fund. Looks like Shaggy is redirecting his fishing funds for Friday to Brandon. Way to go Viking and I'll match your $40.00. Anyone else up for the challenge.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Cat, got two kids of my own, and can honestly say, don't know how I would deal with it financially or phsychologically. But hey, if you're matching $40, my checks in the mail (so that is $80 from Md/De board, FL gots a choice I guess, kids, name says all, but has become one of US M/D boarders). Maybe I'll have to dig up a couple of more twenties and hit AI (figure he's a fisherman and wouldn't want me not to check out my other home so as to make sure everything is okay, but I won't decide until Thursday, it could be my little sacrifice, MEANINGLESS in the scheme of things since I am able to go whenever work permits, or I could just be home when the girls get off the school bus, ) for the little buck, and I might, no, I got a dream bigger than the biggest striper and that is for Brandon to someday get my dream fish.

Honestly, this feels better inside and, if I may say so, ego wise than the Crabby challenge (though if any interest, I'll still be out in Feb, just not around Valentines day).

I don't know, just gotta thing for kids.

So Maryland Delaware board (and I know alot have children and or grandchildren, how 'bout we show them what we are all about, not just clean ups (which are good things), but family.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

Oh yeah, we are rooting for ya Brandon. Anyone else in? ;)

Maybe, maybe not East bound and down to AI!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'll match your $40 too!

With the holidays at our front door it dose ones heart good to help out someone in need. We have a 8 year old granddaughter (Kayla) and she is the light of our life. If something were to happen to her I don't know what we would do.

With our busy lives it's easy to forget about things like this until it walks up and smacks you in the face. I'm thankful for the loved ones and friends in this journey we call life and the things it has given me along the way. Every now and again it's time to give something back. This is one of those times.

My heart goes out to Brandon and his family at this time of year and I can only hope our dollars will help them in these hard times.

I've been on all these fishing boards for years, there are good ones and there are bad ones. This is a great one! Lets keep it that way.

We did it for LD, a lot of us were willing to help out Axon in his time of need. Another fishinkid needs our help. Dig in your pockets and send what you can folks, it's time to write another check. This one will help where it counts and do your heart good....Tightlines, Hat80

Check out the Fl. board for details

kscfcu
300 south plumosa st
merrit island fl. 32952

make check payable to The Brandon Thornton Cancer fund,

KSCFCU Stands for Kennedy Space Center Federal Credit Union.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Consider it done...

My check for $40 will be in the mail tonight when I get home. I lost a cousin to cancer (leukemia?) when he was 10 and watched my uncle and aunt go through hell. Kemo every other day, hair falling out...just a lot of unbearable pain...

We can make a difference!

Sandcrab

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna have to put up $40 as well. We gotta do what we can for Brandon. It'll be in the mail tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My $40 will be in the mail this week, come on guys and gals dig way down into those pockets and do something for one of our own ( Brandon).

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine is on the way.

·
Registered
797 Posts
count me in..md board rules!

who is the payee and what is the address?

ralph

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Let's consolidate em.

If we are gonna match Shaggy's donation, why don't we pool it and send it from the board? MD/De versus the world type of thing.........Seems the competitive juices flow real easy here......Besides sending it in to the board would make it real easy for me.:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good idea, but how, just mailed a check wi P&S MD/DE board, and Shaggy.

Have Jeep will travel.:D

Oh yeah, and thanks to all!

·
Registered
7 Posts
greetings to all, just wanted to post and say thanks to all of you for supporting this cause. i will be the first to tell you that this is such a wonderful family. and the little guy is really something special. although i have 3 youngins myself at home, i felt a need to get to know this little fellow. i am so glad that i did. when i approched the family the first time and asked if all this would be ok, they were a bit embarrassed, and thought that there were other families that would need the help more. but with only a single income in the household, and with all the volunteer work the mother does at the school, not to mention all the bills that insurance doesnt cover, they soon realized that help was needed. as they began to read the first posts on the FS EC forum, they could not believe the response, all for them, and to be honest, i was overwhelmed myself. i found myself an emotional wreck for the first 2 weeks. as i did have faith in my fellow fishermen, and women, it wasnt as great as it is now. this has become a personal mission for me, as i have gotten to know the family pretty well, and after one fishing outing with little brandon i knew this was something i had to see through. i wanted to give this little guy a reason to fight the horrible disease that had invaded his little body, and i wanted to make sure the family had not only some monetary support, but mental as well. thanks to a few very special folks at skeeter lagoons, and now redsgurl, this has grown way beyond my expectations. alot of folks have stepped up to the plate, and donated either money or items to be raffled. now i am here first to say thanks, second to ask for your prayers for the little angler, and third send a donation to the above mentioned address. i am not here to ask for all your beer money, or gas money, as i know we all need beer and gas to fish, but just a little something. i see that you guys have most graciously started to give, and believe me, the family is more than appreciative, not to mention me. ialso find it amazing that this has reached as far north as it has, and i am starting to see post from as far as califonia.

tell you what i will do, for any of you that send some donation, if or when you are ever in central Fl. i will take you out to fight our prized redfish. and if for some reason i cant take you, i will make sure that you are put on some fish. i know its not a big deal, but its the best i have to offer at this point. you guys kick some serious ( I ) up here, and thank you for what you have already done, and what ever you will do.

Curtis

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Curtis..... When we get some time, how 'bout we get the Skeeters Crew together for a bit of fishin.......... If we go by quantity, you would win hands down; that gheenoe can prolly hold a ton of puffers......... .... weight, maybe doug, but he cant use the broken rod excuse. we could fish somewhere there is 24 hour security, and a car wash, so steves truck wouldnt be disturbed....... :D ;) ........ just kiddin sug. Havent taken the time to tell ya youre kickin some serious a** lately.. Keep your tired head up........ We are doin great !

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
bump

Just wanted to bump this to the top and say my check went into the mail last week:) That is mighty nice of you Curtis. I should be back home around the holidays for a bit. We should get together and fish. I already got a boat at home but wouldn't mind jumping on another persons for a little redfish hunting!:D Tight Lines!

·
Registered
7 Posts
you let me know when your back, and we will fish my man!

according to redsgurl i can put you on a mean school of puffers!! lol. look me up fl fisherman!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I will, should be getting together with Koz around that time frame too so maybe it would be like a little P&S get together.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts