Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent fished this late in the season. My buddy wants to go this weekend. He does not have lure gear so i dont know where to take him for cut bait fishing this late me the season. Its going to be warm this weekend. Post or PM me if you have a decent spot to catch anything. I am willing to go as far as choptank or further south to Soloman/PLO.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You will need to fish deep water but not on the bottom. I would fish Solomans Pier with a slip bobber and a chunk of bait. Set bobber at 10-20 feet. If you have two rods then yes one on the bottom.

The eel fisherman set the bobbers at 10 feet right now.

This is just an idea. That pier has some deep water very close to it.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though the weather was hot. Fish did not care. It was winter for them. The water was clear as Cancun and we could see there was no fish to be found. We went to 7 different locations and used squid, bloodworms, shrimp, alewives, razor clams, peelers, and spot. Not even a scratch on any bait.

However, the night before the trip, I saw people catching fish only after dark on cut bait.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
There are dink stripers in the shallows. If you are willing to do freshwater/rivers/creeks, the pickerel bite is hot! They have little or no food value, but they are fun to catch.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I am going to give it a try this morning. I am going to work with my Daughter. She works on people grounds that live on the Tred Avon River in Oxford MD. and I fish off their piers. I did real good on nice size white perch fishing these piers in summer, and a few rock. I guess I will use Buck-tails, Speed Trap, and maybe a 6-7" Albino Shad Bass Assassin on a 1/2 OZ. jig head. Was pretty good fishing off these piers all summer for good size perch. Fish Fish Grilling Fish products Cuisine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts