Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find the Dark CORK Tape? Not the state-board hard tape.
It is almost black with very few brown cork specks compared to the all tan or brown cork type.
I think it is mostly black rubber with a little cork. Mudhole only has the light stuff.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Didn't OZ answer that question on the other (SOL) board?

"Custom Tackle supply in TN sells good tape. " I guess he was referring to the darker tape - No? If you fiund out, please let me know. I would like to get some for the rod I am building this Winter. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called Custom Tackle, they only have the all brown cork tape.
They do not have the darker type with lots of rubber in the mix.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i haven't seen any very light cork. the tape i get has a lot of black in it. i like it . i have about 75-80 ft. let on one roll and am ordering 2-100 foot rolls this week. it's about the same color as the star rods. i just looked and the tica rods do have a much lighter cork. i am going to talk to my supplier this weekend and will check on tha availability of lamiglass rodblanks.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for checking on the blanks. Right now it's a toss up of a Lamiglass blank and the All Star 1265/2 blank.

Dark tape would be ideal. Getting ready this week to order my blank and other stuff. Let me know when you get some and I will either chip in with you or buy some from you if you can spare it.

Sandcrab
Newbie Rod Maker - 2004

·
Registered
680 Posts
sc. look at cork on star rods. if it is what you like it let me know and i will give you e-mail and fax # where you can order it. it comes in 25-50-&100ft. rolls.25ft is about $10.in fact you can get everything you need to know to get all components to build your rod. he also has blanks, or can order and have them drop shipped to you.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you mean the black rubber tape that Loomis uses it is "Safety Tread" by 3M . You can get it at Home Depot now sold by the foot in 1" wide.

·
Registered
680 Posts
conn. the tape i get is cork and i get it from dick french at c&g tackle outlet. have been using it for many years and no complaints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts