Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'm going to wait and see what happens , If it looks like the "Rona" numbers stay down I'll do trip but for now I'll watch and plan on a fall trip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t go on the 16th but I’m hoping to be able go before the end of the month. I’d really enjoy a fresh sea mullet dinner🤤

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
From my friends that live there things in the grocery stores are scare , So bring all the paper products with you and any cleaning supplies you think you'll need , The Seafood markets are aren't well stocked since the commercial markets aren't buying since a lot of restaurants aren't opening up yet so commercial fishermen aren't going out if they have nowhere to sell it . Plan accordingly

·
Registered
441 Posts
just got here in kitty hawk. Getting the cottage ready for what rentals still want to come. Hopefully friday I will start at sunrise for close to shore and latter for whoever is hungry. Near frisco a 3lb sea mullet caught. Best Ive done is 1.8 lb. Let yall know how it goes. Takes longer for kitty hawk to heat up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My schedule looks like I’ll be going on the 28th after work. Maybe the weather will cooperate. Problem will be deciding what to fish for. Mullet, blues, drum, trout, tuna, dolphin?? Hard decisions

·
Registered
441 Posts
from what Im understanding according to tw fishing report the blues should be everywhere, big drum arte at the point, sea mullet and most varieties are south of oregon inlet but as things warm up fishing should improve going north to kitty hawk where Im at this weekend. I hope to get out tomorrow ans see whats biting on sand fleas both real and artificial.

·
Registered
441 Posts
rode by avalon pier and took a look, entrance door down, pier empty but a lot of new construction on handrails and side slats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, missed a whole week in April. During the spring and fall I usually do so.e overnights when you can stay on the beach. In between I just make a long day trip. Saturday looks like the best day anyway I think.

We shall see!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
got skunked throwing different color zmann colors but I was 2 hrs from low tide. I will go later and use sand fleas and fishbites . Update this evening. Im at the 3.5 mile post. I was surprised how warm the water was.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lots of sea mullet but not very big on sand fleas, lots of big female sand fleas. Caught on fishbites both clam and sand flea. Skunked again this morning the 16th with mirror lures, and artificial looking for mr flounder ( release if caught ) trout or puppy drum, oh well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the update @beachcaster Looks like we're heading down Saturday and will be staying in KH. Talked to a guy yesterday who said he had been catching plenty of Sea Mullet including a couple over a lb.

·
Registered
441 Posts
wish I was where he is haha. Slow for me yesterday but I think I picked a crappy spot, going to first day spot today. I did have a blues attack this morning on my soft lures looking for trout and flounder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally soaked some baits yesterday afternoon. Tide was falling and the water was stirred up. Managed a nice mullet a spot and a 16 inch puppy drum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts