Pier and Surf Forum banner

Damneck Surf Report 6-05/6-06

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Fish'n Phil 
#1 ·
Fished the incoming tide yesterday and today for a couple hours at sunrise - light wind w/calm surf - ended up with three short trout; a bluefish; one decent whiting and eight very short 10-12inch flounder - all caught on tandem jig rig - 1/4 ounce on the bottom with 4in white gulp swimming mullet and 1/8 ounce on the top with 3in pink gulp swimming mullet. This year have added a silver or gold spinning blade about 2-3 inches up from the bottom jig - tip from someone here on the forum a while back - it does add vibration and flash - seems to be helping with getting more bites.

Did not see any spanish activity - I know they have been catching them at the Virginia Beach pier - hope to see them showing up soon on the beach.

Beautiful days - thankful for time out there

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Great report. Thanks for posting. My daughter and i were there too on Saturday morning. We were the second truck there. Fisherman Bob you beat us out:). We got a puffer, 2 small spot and 2 nice whiting 13" and 16". We got the 16" weighed at Oceans East and My daughter (10 yrs old) got a citation for it. 13" caught on fish finder rig with cut. Shrimp and sandflea fish bite, 16" on live sandflea dropper rig.

#5 ·
Nice haul! My wife and I were out there, too. We each caught an 11" whiting on a pompano rig with live sandfleas and fishbites (one rod had squid flavor and the other had shrimp flavor).
The sandfleas were abundant and tons of them were full of eggs. I checked the bait a couple times and pulled up mostly empty shells, so something was out there nibbling at them.
It looks like I may have to bring another rod to toss out a jig next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.