Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a couple hours around high tide Saturday with tandem jig rig - picked up three short trout and a blue - lost a couple that felt like keeper trout but might have been bluefish.

Got out there this afternoon for the incoming tide - no love on the tandem rig - tried to get some fresh spot or croaker for some more serious drum fishing - could not keep the small black drum away - caught about a dozen - but had a couple nicer sized ones 16 and 17 inches to keep it interesting; also a short redfish and trout - everything today on bloodworm or sandflea fishbite.

Beautiful days on the beach - blessing to be out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fished a couple hours around high tide Saturday with tandem jig rig - picked up three short trout and a blue - lost a couple that felt like keeper trout but might have been bluefish.

Got out there this afternoon for the incoming tide - no love on the tandem rig - tried to get some fresh spot or croaker for some more serious drum fishing - could not keep the small black drum away - caught about a dozen - but had a couple nicer sized ones 16 and 17 inches to keep it interesting; also a short redfish and trout - everything today on bloodworm or sandflea fishbite.

Beautiful days on the beach - blessing to be out there.
Awesome, thanks for the report, sounds like a great session. I’ve been itching to get back out there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thinking of giving Dam Neck a shot this week, was at Cape Henry on the jetty at Fort Story. The Spanish Macs were on a feeding frenzy and I a few rigs snag. The surf was pounding & punishing and if you fall into the wash you can cancel Christmas. I’m daring but not crazy and didn’t want to wind up as fish bait. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts