Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of sand washed away from both ends on the beaches. Hopefully this will make some new sloughs...thx ISABEL. Right now the surf is pretty trashy due to ripped up sea grass and debris. Need some patience patience an alot of bait checking.

Im going to walk both beaches and report any changes as to sloughs etc. Both beaches have undergone a major change in drop off depth from the surf

I'm noticing alot more people doing the surf since the storm. I am hoping that they don't treat the beaches the same way they have treated the piers and .........TAKE THIER TRASH with them when they leave.

·
Registered
634 Posts
have you fished it yet?...let us know whent he reds get there or if you hear anything...i've been wanting to go fish dam neck again.thanks for the report.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That is some accurate insight on the human garbage condition on the beach.

I never fished the piers much (except for Gloucester) and I am constantly apalled when I'm on the beach by the inability of the surf fisherman to take his Wal-Mart bait garbage and 7-11 Beer bottles with him when he leaves the beach.

Now, with 80% of the piers gone and more (seemingly) being done everyday to limit beach access and fishable shoreline, I worry that the garbage being left behind will only hasten the end to beach fishing in more and more places.

So, henceforth I will adapt a new tagline.

THROW MORE (FISH) BACK & PICK MORE (GARBAGE) UP

Jake Ace

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Its the nuveau "Put and Take" fishery!

PUT the fish Back and TAKE the trash with you!! :)

I am going to hit the beach at Sandbridge Early Saturday morning. I will do my part.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Is sandbridge open to the public. the last i heard it was only open to residence who owned property and the only why you could get down ther was proof that you owned property.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I just called the refuge and their message says they're closed until further notice. I can't imagine things will be closed too much longer--power's back on in most places and cleanup is well under way.

At least I hope it won't go on much longer...I'm coming into town this weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Sand Flea - Would you be so kind as to give a status report on Sandbridge Pier after you return with your record catch? Please save a few for us as we will be coming down in a few weeks. Thanks - I live in NC and have not yet heard a status report and not sure if we need to scratch this stop off or not.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Found out today that sandbride is open. From what i hear thpier is in tact except for the ramp leading up to the payhouse. This was just repired just last year from a nor easter.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Hey fishman

you might want to click on My account and choose edit options. Under that look for date an time an select where you are, works for me.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
JAKE ACE you guys said the glouster pier was meesed up , howza about they open the pier on the other side of the river , nor was that one messed up too , i know they dont let people fish off that pier , the one by the park n beer joint :mad: ive always had good luck in that park but the pier prolly b better :D them rocks kinda make me nervous

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Inawe York County does not care about it's Residents. Just possible tourist dollars to the restraunts and what ever else they decide to build.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Heck Digger i woulldnt think they had to many reidents anyway not to say they have 0 but since its all about the almighty green i know exactly where ya comn from ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts