Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a school at the base and have a bunch of free time on my hands, night school and my kids are now in school.... so what does a fisherman do with his time....????

Does anyone have any reports from fishing in the surf from the base? Bait, rigs????

Thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
i was in school at dam neck in july for a couple of weeks....there is a "fishing" section of the beach...south part towards the campground....you can only fish till sunset though which sucks....but one night they didnt patrol the beach till late and i stayed unitl midnight lol then got ran off:).....just stay until they tell you to leave....

i had some good days out there...lots of croaker ,roundheads,baby sharks, few spot and blues......i hear this time of year is about to get good for red drum and striper.....i used alot of squid and cut bait croaker ...on bottom rigs ...i'd recommend getting you a good surf pole atleast 9ft...good luck and be sure to come back and give us reports, i want to fish there again just dont want to drive 30 minutes if they not biting lol...:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts