Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faced the elements this morning with a steady wind of 15mph with gusts up to 20. Got there around 830 just as the tide was starting to come in and conditions were rough and stayed till about 1 pm. It was an 8 N bait kinda day. Decent amount of grass in the water. Mullet and shrimp were the options today and managed to get 1 nice red at 23" on a whole mullet and 1 of the chunkiest croaker I have ever seen on shrimp. I did get some other bites on whole mullet but only the head was left so there definitely some other stuff swimming around. The water was very dirty and the picture of the conditions don't even begin to due its justice. I can't complain, I'm glad I was finally able to make it out there and bring home some lunch. A buddy of mine met me out there and something broke him off. He did catch some small croaker and small black drum on bloodworm fishbites. Tight lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Faced the elements this morning with a steady wind of 15mph with gusts up to 20. Got there around 830 just as the tide was starting to come in and conditions were rough and stayed till about 1 pm. It was an 8 N bait kinda day. Decent amount of grass in the water. Mullet and shrimp were the options today and managed to get 1 nice red at 23" on a whole mullet and 1 of the chunkiest croaker I have ever seen on shrimp. I did get some other bites on whole mullet but only the head was left so there definitely some other stuff swimming around. The water was very dirty and the picture of the conditions don't even begin to due its justice. I can't complain, I'm glad I was finally able to make it out there and bring home some lunch. A buddy of mine met me out there and something broke him off. He did catch some small croaker and small black drum on bloodworm fishbites. Tight lines!
Pretty work and a great report, thanks. I am thinking about hitting it tomorrow and will update if I do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts