Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished this morning south end of the beach between 10 and noon, caught my limit in blues don't know how many I threw back. all on cut mullet. water was really clear and it was hight tide. biggest about 24 inches.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey SharkSlayer...i use to shark fish all the time. When do you start fishing for them. i usually do well late June-July. I've heard that August is best. Are they in as early as late May? What can you tell me about this. thanks

~SPG :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fish for'em late may through the summer. I am originally from florida and it is pretty much year round down there.
I have caught a couple of sand bar sharks about a week ago at sandbridge. small ones.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sharkslayer Whatcha catch the sandbar sharks on at sandbridge pier, also does anyone know about having to gut a sand shark as soon as you catch it I hve heard they release an amonia through thier meat if you don't, can someone give me some info on sharks at sandbridge pier, thanx :D [/LIST]

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey sharkslayer i have done well over on damneck for shark. last year i caught a shark not sure of type had a black tiped tail
it was about 4 foot. i caught it on spot head. ever get chased out at night? i was thinking about heading down there at night for some shark. i live around the corner.
thanks
buzz

"Sit Back And Open Another"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is called a black tip shark. that is a pretty good size. they are good eatin too. no never get chased out. as for the ones on sand bridge they were caught on cut bunker.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Geo - My tip for catching skates would be to go to Lynnhaven. You will catch enough to make you sick. :)

They hit everything lately (squid, bloodworms, cut bait) and I have caught and seen caught some pretty big ones. A lady caught one the other day so small it would have been cool for a saltwater fish tank!

Im really not very fond of catching skates anymore but if you want them there are plenty to be had at lynnhaven

1 - 9 of 9 Posts