Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it back out to the surf. Fished from 10 pm-3 am with some decent results. Went out with a wide variety of bait but only shrimp on pomp rigs got the action. Ended up catching 12 whiting ranging from 6"-14" and 2 baby black drum. Decided to keep 3 for some tacos today :) Had one solid hit on the heaver with cut croaker but no hookup. I even tried using fresh whiting but no takers on that either. The bite was hot from about 1015 till about 1145 and then sporadic after that. Definitely missed a bunch but they were probably whiting anyways. It was a beautiful evening and the temps weren't that bad until 3 am which is when I started getting cold and packed it up. That might of been my last trip to the surf for the year but maybe I'll try one more time. All in all, it was a good year, tight lines, and can't wait till next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good job on the whiting! Thanks for the report - I was thinking the same - maybe one more surf trip - might try James River or Buckroe pier after that - but I always enjoy surf fishing the best - it was a great year - looking forward to the next one

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah, I hit Dam Neck this morning from 5-8:30 and was only able to pulling in a couple of small blues. JR and his wife were out there and they did about the same. It would indeed appear that the life is going out of this season.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, a buddy of mine went out yesterday from 10 am - 2 pm and only brought in an undersized black drum on sandflea fishbites

1 - 5 of 5 Posts