Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had lines in the water a little bit after 5 am till about 830. As soon as daybreak hit bait was all over the place and all the way up in the wash. Spanish were jumping just a few feet from the shore and I still could not get one to commit. Changed colors to a pink and white sting silver but that did not work. Had 4 lines out with a mix of bait. As usual pomp rigs with fresh shrimp were the ticket. Managed 3 whiting, 1 blue, 1 spot, and a stingray. Something hit my heaver and drag was screaming but by the time I got to the rod, the hook had pulled. Raked a bunch of sandfleas but nothing on those either. A lot of people out this morning but only saw some spot being caught. Not too bad of a session. Tight lines.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for the report. For what it's worth, if I know Spanish are all over the place and they aren't hitting I use a smaller lure like a 1oz stingsilver, 1/2oz kastmastet or 3/4 oz eslure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank-you for the report - you did a lot better than I did - was out there about the same time down by the campground - could not get anything going on tandem rig or metal - I usually only bring two poles - one to cast with and one to bait fish with - I left the bait pole out too long without checking it and something larger came by ate the mullet/fouled the line - forgot some tackle today to get that pole going again - so the total for me today was one mullet head - lol - but a beautiful morning and sunrise - blessing to be out there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Had lines in the water a little bit after 5 am till about 830. As soon as daybreak hit bait was all over the place and all the way up in the wash. Spanish were jumping just a few feet from the shore and I still could not get one to commit. Changed colors to a pink and white sting silver but that did not work. Had 4 lines out with a mix of bait. As usual pomp rigs with fresh shrimp were the ticket. Managed 3 whiting, 1 blue, 1 spot, and a stingray. Something hit my heaver and drag was screaming but by the time I got to the rod, the hook had pulled. Raked a bunch of sandfleas but nothing on those either. A lot of people out this morning but only saw some spot being caught. Not too bad of a session. Tight lines.
g
Great report, thanks buddy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if maybe it was a pompano that hit your heaver, they hit hard as they come by.
Oh the joys and pains of the saltwater game. The mystery of not knowing. I’m still looking for my first pompano out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts