Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the surf around 430 pm till about 7pm. Tough conditions with a hard south wind and plenty of grass in the water. Water was a nice turquoise color and still a little chilly but blues were jumping close in. Threw some metal but no takers. Managed 2 stud whiting, both at 13" and thick. Wish I would of brought the cooler. One on sandfleas and the other on orange colored fish gum on pompano rigs. Got a solid hit on one of the 12' rods but no joy. Would of stayed a bit longer but the grass and the impeding thunderstorms drove me off. Not too bad for a few hour session. I'll be headed out there Friday (super early) if anyone wants to link up. Tight lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hit the surf around 430 pm till about 7pm. Tough conditions with a hard south wind and plenty of grass in the water. Water was a nice turquoise color and still a little chilly but blues were jumping close in. Threw some metal but no takers. Managed 2 stud whiting, both at 13" and thick. Wish I would of brought the cooler. One on sandfleas and the other on orange colored fish gum on pompano rigs. Got a solid hit on one of the 12' rods but no joy. Would of stayed a bit longer but the grass and the impeding thunderstorms drove me off. Not too bad for a few hour session. I'll be headed out there Friday (super early) if anyone wants to link up. Tight lines!
Great report, I was out there myself the day before you from 5am to 8am, no grass in the water and only one good sized whiting on fishbites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts