Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone at P&S
I recently purchased a Slosh30 reel and love it. The instructions state that the reel should be lubricated after each outing. However, they do not state what and where to lubricate. The reel came with a small tube or reel oil.

Any info on this would make me feel much better about prolonging the life of my new toy.

I have also been told to make sure the drag is all the way tight when you wash it so that the water will not seep into the drag washers. Then after the reel is dry, store it with the drag completely loose to take the tension off the washers.

Any truth to this precaution??

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I have had my Slosh 30 for 3 seasons.What I have done to preserve the life of my reel is lightly wash it down with water,drag tightened down(but that is with all my reels).

Hand dry with a cloth that has ALL IN ONE oil on it,then loosen the drag during storage.

I do this step with all my reels,for my spinning I will however take the spool off and wipe down any excess water inside the spool.

I believe someone has Neil's web page with more technical advise regarding reel maitanance on the Slosh and the 525MAG.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts