Pier and Surf Forum banner

Daiwa Sealine Baitrunner Bite N' Run?

Gear: 
9K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Fat Tone 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I guess the question is whether it's almost as good and whether it's better than the Emblem Pro in durability since the Emblem has a handle issue? What part is watered down compared to the Linear and is it smaller?
Too cold for me to test it up here now, so I was hoping one of you folks down south might have gotten it :)

#4 ·
Ive been very please with mine Kenya,It seems to be solid as Rock,I wish I had a schematic for both reels to see if the part numbers are the same but I don't.It is a good caster though.I mated with a 12 OM 3 to 6 cape point special and 40 pound PP,And it will cast 140+ yards all day long,with a hatteras style cast,And I'm by know means a pro caster.Time will tell if its durable,I will know in two weeks what its made of.I'm gonna try and break it in right at the obx.

hope this helps

Ron

p.s thanks for the advice on the cape point ooeric you were 100% correct

#9 ·
NcRon:
Did you get a chance to beat on it at OBX?
And have you opened it for cleaning yet? If so, could I trouble you to take a picture of the innards? Daiwa didn't reply when I asked them for photos of the innards of the Emblem Pro and Sealine Baitrunner so I could see how well the Baitrunner is built :-(

#10 ·
Kenyee

I'll be glad too take some pictures of the insides of the baitrunner Ill try and get them tonight.And yes I did get to give it a beating at the obx last week.It worked great!I use 40 pound pp on this reel and not one wind knot.And boy was it blowing. :)

Ron

#11 ·
I gave mine a good workout in Ocracoke on it's first time out. I like it a lot...countless blues...a dozen or so pups and a 42 inch drum in the short time i have had it..and it's done a great job landing everything so far. The drag is really smooth..baitrunner does it's job well. I spooled it with 20lb. Big Game HITEST..The first time i have used it on any reel.. it cast really smooth..although the line seemed a bit stiff it handled it well..no wind knots or any line problems. I put in on an 11 footer i built and will buy another for a 10 footer in the works. I however won't be spooling that one with HITEST...but that's another thread..:fishing:
I don't have an Emblem..but my Emcast will be collecting dust for a while.

#13 ·
You don't use all of it. It's just a number to show you how strong it is internally.

The Emblem Pro also is rated for 33#. It survives abuse fairly well in the ditch (cape cod canal) where people jig up to 7.5oz of lure (5-6oz jig on big sluggo). Most reels only survive a year of abuse before the gears get trashed. The Emblem's handle is known to break from the abuse so local shops have 3rd party replacement handles.
The Baitrunner's handle looks slightly more sturdy. I'm hoping the innards are as sturdy looking as the Emblem's though I wish it included a spare spool for the price...

#14 ·
Pics of the 4500 BRi's innards, thanks to NcRon

Thanks to NcRon for taking the time to disassemble his reel and send these photos to me. I've resized them and linked them to webshots since I can only upload 256KB (!!) of images here :rolleyes:

I didn't realize the baitrunner mechanism was so complicated. The rest of the reel looks pretty sturdy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.