Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy one more conventional reel/rod combination for fishing at the point. I have a Saltiga SABS 35-405G and Millionaire 7HTMAG.

For reels, I'm looking for feedback on either another Millionaire or the Saltiga Surf 30.

For rods I''d like to go with either the Daiwa Ballistic Surf SABS 40-405G(13 ft) or if anyone has feedback on the Daiwa Surf SA-S 1503XHFB(15 ft) rod.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm looking to buy one more conventional reel/rod combination for fishing at the point. I have a Saltiga SABS 35-405G and Millionaire 7HTMAG.

For reels, I'm looking for feedback on either another Millionaire or the Saltiga Surf 30.

For rods I''d like to go with either the Daiwa Ballistic Surf SABS 40-405G(13 ft) or if anyone has feedback on the Daiwa Surf SA-S 1503XHFB(15 ft) rod.

Thanks in advance.
No clicker on 7ht means you spike it only in the daytime

·
Registered
736 Posts
Saltist 20H or 30H, or the newish Penn Fathom 15. Got a couple seasons on the Fathoms and I've been impressed so far. Very controllable and cast very well.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you're fishing the Point proper, then you don't need the clicker. I've owned the Saltiga Surf 30 (red spool), but no longer. IMO, a bit too large for good distance surf casting. It was discontinued some time ago. The 7HT Mag (or even better the ST) are terrific casting machines and very controllable. I would put a pinion support sleeve in both if planning on lots of fishing.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Great reels.....

Probably should have read the forum rules though. This needs to be in the marketplace... SMDH...

·
Registered
28 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Got to ask. What will you be fishing for that you need a 15 foot rod?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts