Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I called diawa to see if they had right side plate screws b for my millionaire 7ht ( original black ). 6-E46-5401. No luck, no back order, no nothing. Daiwa gave me an alternative phone number and tried them. Pauls bait and tackle. Still no dice.

I couldn't find anyone in the usa on google. That sells daiwa parts. . .

So i feel a little SOL right now.

Also, where in the usa can i buy a pinion support sleeve?

Can anyone please help finding these parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought 2 Bronze pinion support sleeves from Jamie at PMR (Pimp My Reel) in the UK. Shipped to my door in 1 week. In my opinion the ones that are 15mm long are a better fit. Bought them on ebay item #171962460723 He also has titanium sleeves which are more durable but you do have to keep them oiled OFTEN or they may fuse to the pinion ebay item #181897069140. He most likely will also have the side plate screws. Hope that this may help you out. He also has some good youtube videos for upgrades search PMR.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am also thinking of doing the following upgrades. Stainless steel drive gear to replace the brass drive gear. Carbontex drag washers with Cal's grease. And Boca bearings abec 7 orange seals with yellow Rocket Fuel oil and Rocket Fuel grease.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know about PMR, but i was trying to stay USA. I talked to matt at reelkustomreels before, i just didn't think he would be so particular in the daiwa department. I got the parts from him and the international shipping won't kill me.

fredericksburg is only 45 mins away from NOVA, so i would rather build a good relationship with him as my go to guy. He is the last hope we have in america. Or else we have to get everything and anything after market overseas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts