Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing one of these rods and i was wondering if anyone could give me any details on it as far as pros and cons. Your help would be greatly appreciated........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've used the 12' Eliminator for years. The reel spacing is too close and the guides will explode during a power cast. If it does not have fuji guides, I won't touch it. I now prefer the Okuma Solaris. If you come to casting practice on the 23rd, you can try my Solaris before you making your final choice. The Solaris was under $100 and worth every penny. Neil Mackellow is showcasing the new Penn rods at the long distance fishing semniars over the next two weeksend. Maybe I'll have new suggestion after this weekend. I look forward to seeing you in two weeks at Kenilworth Park, DC.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
The eliminator S ,11 footer,was 1 of my first purchases when I gained confidence in using an open face reel.It was great 4 tossing the lighter stuff,but I had a hard time casting the heavier weights.It was great casting the 2-3 oz castmasters,clark spoons and sting silvers.

I had the same problem LongRanger had with my spool blowing up because of the guides.I always figuired it was my reel,until I bought the 525MAG.4 birds nest in a row,casting 5 oz lead,made me have to retire it and sell it.

Don't get me wrong,a perfectly good rod,for the lite stuff,but as 4 casting 4+ oz's,I prefer the Tica's.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

Thanks guys for the info. That is enough to make me stay away from that rod. I hear alot of good things about the Okuma Solaris and im thinking i might go that way..........Tight Lines

MC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts