Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with this reel. I like the dual drag system where you set two drags. The one in front sets a light drag and lets the fish take the bait and go and you preset the back drag to kick in when you turn the handle and set the hook.

Sounds good but how durable and reliable is it??

I am thinking about buys one, but wanted to see you guys thoughts first.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I don't own one but I did play with one in a shop a couple weeks ago. Feels good and the fit and finish is good. Very smooth and I think very light for the type of reel it is.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, sounds like it. Here is a description from Cabella's

The Regal Plus Bite N' Run reel has seven ball and roller bearings with an aluminum ABS spool. Dual, selectable infinite anti-reverse for solid hooksets. The wet system front drag has a front adjustment while the preset adjustment is conveniently mounted in the rear. Diawa's automatic Bite N' Run™ system lets a fish take a trolled or drifted bait while feeling little or no resistance. When you're ready to set the hook, just turn the handle and instantly get the maximum amount of drag tension you have preset.

I am looking at the biggest one, model RGP5500BRI

It's spec's are:
Line/Yards/lb Gear Ratio Weight in Oz
290/20 4.6:1 26.7

Not too bad for $59.95

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok looks like the one I am talking abouty is a down scale version of the Sealine...

But like I said, not bad for $59.95,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts