Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im saving up my money to buy a good crossbow but I dont know who makes a good one. Can you all recommend a good brand for crossbows? Price doesnt really make a difference at the moment Im just trying to get an idea of what to look for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've only had one and it's a Ten Points Titan. I've been really happy with it . I killed an eight point buck at 35 yards this morning with it. I've had it for four years and I don't have any complaints.

ron

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If I was going to get a new one I would buy a Ten Point. They are expensive so get ready to shell out some $.
I have a PSE Sidewinder. It has 185 lb draw weight. It shoots 300+ fps. Deer can't jump the string. Way too fast. I would not trade mine for anything. But if I had to get a new one I would go with the Ten Point.

Horton used to make good ones. Probably still do. But if money was no object I woudl buy a Ten Point and be done with it. Stay away from Barnett. Everyone that I know that bought one sent it back within a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are some good quality crossbow which have good user review from the real user, What I recommend you to go with Matrix GRZ 2 by EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW or Barnett Whitetail Hunter II if you are a beginner. You need something to care about if you are a beginner, do not go for a heavy one and make sure the draw weight is comparably low.

https://outdoorpicked.com/best-crossbow-reviews/

I find this very helpful when I was ordering my crossbow from amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts