Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i am planning to go croaker fishing during memorial day weekend near the chesapeake bay bridge. can u tell me some good spots for croaker fishing?i think ive heard of places like matapeake? i live d.c. THANKS :fishing:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
no croakers at matapeake at this time. if you want to go on that side of the bay (eastern shore) for croakers than you will have to go to choptank pier which is atleast 35 more miles off rt 50!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
i wouldnt waste my time at choptank, fished the pier last nite and the catfish are in there crazy, what i would do at choptank is get about 20 crab traps and do some crabbing, there was a ton of crabs there last nite also, there doubling up right now so if you can get a boat i would go out and dip them off the surface, tons of soft crabs and peelers to be had right now in the tank, at the crab shack i work at we got 8 dozen soft crabs that came from the tank, they were sold out in about an hour, while i was going culling the hard crabs today i found 2 dozen peelers, all of our crabs come from the tank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.