Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the proof that the Croakers are here. Stop speculating and go catch them. Sunday at the Tappahanok, VA. a total of 26 Croakers and 8 of them over 20 inches. 2 of them over 23 inches.

It is amazing what happens when you stop saying they are not here and just go fish for them.

go get you some. pm me when yall want to go.:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hahahahaha I love it awesome catch!! Now I guess the disbelievers are gonna start saying those pics are old or something like that. They would rather argue on the internet about the fish not being there instead of getting their lines wet...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nobody was saying that he "didnt" catch them, just saying the other spots people were saying they were caught maybe have been full of it. I personally spent 2 days at PLO and 1 day at Bushwood and not a thing was caught at either spot. Friday I am going to Colonial Beach to try that spot if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Snowape you are right

Some folks hard to comprehend, up to yesterday they were not in MD as yet if the weather continues to warm up they should be flipping around by w/e or early next week

·
Banned
229 Posts
Some folks hard to comprehend, up to yesterday they were not in MD as yet if the weather continues to warm up they should be flipping around by w/e or early next week
I caught them last week in the Nanticoke and the Tangier Sound and know of someone else that caught a few two weeks back , so they are here . The fish are very shallow , not deep and by the way , they aren't here to spawn . They don't spawn in the spring like many anadromus fish . First spawning occurs at age 2-3 in continental shelf waters from July through February, with peak spawning from August through October in the Chesapeake Bay area.
Spawning also occurs off Beaufort, North Carolina near the Outer Banks.
And another thing , where are the pics of the so-called 23 inchers ? More bs from the guys on this board . Last week it was a 74" rockfish . I've caught plenty of monster croaker in my life and a 23" is very rare indeed. A 23" fish this time of year would easily weigh 4lbs . None of the fish in the pics are even close to that .

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Nobody was saying that he "didnt" catch them, just saying the other spots people were saying they were caught maybe have been full of it. I personally spent 2 days at PLO and 1 day at Bushwood and not a thing was caught at either spot. Friday I am going to Colonial Beach to try that spot if anyone is interested.
well the weather is supposed to be in the 70's and 80's for the rest of the week, I think old man winter has left the building:beer:
like both of you were saying, that no 1 said the croakers werent in md, but they were biting in deep water. now with the temps up this week with less rain there shouldnt be any excuses!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get out there & fish; they are there

Fellas,

The rumors are true. VA & MD has croakers you have to put the time in. I fished MD waters Sat and no fish. Left and went to Tappahanock (sp) and caught croakers. It was very slow. Only caught 12. The weather is playing a major part with the fish as well b/c they are not at spots they normally were last year. Stop surfing on the internet waiting for someone to tell you the fishies are here and you say they are not b/c you didn't caught any. You have to go and see for your self b/c at the end of the day the people who are caughting are not posting!!:fishing:

PS Tell your buddies or even yourself to chillout with all the noise, music, drinking and trash b/c I hear the cops have already started to run people away. It's fishing not party and furthermore the the people are trying to sleep so that needs to be respected. This is why they don't want us fishing in these locations, but it starts with us educating ourselves and our friends.
this is why a lot of good fishing spots are off limits now!
Good luck to some great fishing guys & gals.....:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Fellas,

The rumors are true. VA & MD has croakers you have to put the time in. I fished MD waters Sat and no fish. Left and went to Tappahanock (sp) and caught croakers. It was very slow. Only caught 12. The weather is playing a major part with the fish as well b/c they are not at spots they normally were last year. Stop surfing on the internet waiting for someone to tell you the fishies are here and you say they are not b/c you didn't caught any. You have to go and see for your self b/c at the end of the day the people who are caughting are not posting!!:fishing:

good point!!!:)

PS Tell your buddies or even yourself to chillout with all the noise, music, drinking and trash b/c I hear the cops have already started to run people away. It's fishing not party and furthermore the the people are trying to sleep so that needs to be respected. This is why they don't want us fishing in these locations, but it starts with us educating ourselves and our friends.
this is why a lot of good fishing spots are off limits now!
Good luck to some great fishing guys & gals.....:popcorn:
as for the hooligans & bums that trash up & cause havoc on the piers, i have no problem with the restriction (sad but thats life).put yourself in that community & i believe close to 100% would feel the sameway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Boohya

My first trip out.........Headed out to BW for a recon mission based on earlier post. Arrived at 9pm, without any bait..forgot that no one carries any bait this early in the season ...! JJ's ready too bolt but I 'm determined...Defeat is not an option!!! We run into an friend from previous tours.. Shout out too DON! Who just happens to pull up to the dock w/ freinds. Got bait and its on! First croaker caught ten min later...we are now locked on and down for the count. Conditions: Sw winds 20-30 mph(?) Foot and a half swells , some white caps. Incoming tide at 12pm. A few more croakers here and there. Rig single drooper 12in off bottom, 2/0 hook, standard croaker rig with squid. Enter Cyngus ....nice meeting you bra, looking forward too fishin wit ya soon!:fishing:(Probally got it wrong but you know who ur) Jack and Icehouse blues:beer: Round 2:30 12 footer take a ass lifting strike......i'm thinkin citation hrdhd....snagged? Ended up w 38 inch stiper good fight and just what I needed to cure the need for pullage.
The menu ....Broiled Rock w/ crab imperial, sauted aspargus and red bliss potatoe..........BOOOOYHA!:D
Nothin beats a failur but a TRY!
Fish ON !

Help wanted uploading video.
Da&#$&* I meant 4 this to be a new Post..............................

·
Banned
229 Posts
My first trip out.........Headed out to BW for a recon mission based on earlier post. Arrived at 9pm, without any bait..forgot that no one carries any bait this early in the season ...! JJ's ready too bolt but I 'm determined...Defeat is not an option!!! We run into an friend from previous tours.. Shout out too DON! Who just happens to pull up to the dock w/ freinds. Got bait and its on! First croaker caught ten min later...we are now locked on and down for the count. Conditions: Sw winds 20-30 mph(?) Foot and a half swells , some white caps. Incoming tide at 12pm. A few more croakers here and there. Rig single drooper 12in off bottom, 2/0 hook, standard croaker rig with squid. Enter Cyngus ....nice meeting you bra, looking forward too fishin wit ya soon!:fishing:(Probally got it wrong but you know who ur) Jack and Icehouse blues:beer: Round 2:30 12 footer take a ass lifting strike......i'm thinkin citation hrdhd....snagged? Ended up w 38 inch stiper good fight and just what I needed to cure the need for pullage.
The menu ....Broiled Rock w/ crab imperial, sauted aspargus and red bliss potatoe..........BOOOOYHA!:D
Nothin beats a failur but a TRY!
Fish ON !

Help wanted uploading video.
Da&#$&* I meant 4 this to be a new Post..............................
Nice catch. What do you mean nobody has bait ? Are you kidding me ? Where are you fishing ? I see you live in Accoceek ? What about Fred's in Waldorf ? What is BW ? Glad you got the rockfish.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.