Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I caught about 50 horse croakers on bloodworms and circle hooks (Eagle Claw L702 size 5/0). The circle hooks are thin, great for bloodworms, and non-offset. The croakers hooked themselves, and it was a matter of reeling them in. The largest croaker was 18 inches. They fought good, too.

I knew from before that it was hard to fillet them compared with other fish, but since I caught so many that I decided to keep some for eating. I kept some for future cut bait, threw some back in the water, and gave the rest away. The croaker that I ate was fried. It was all right, but I don't plan to keep amy more in the future for eating because the resulting filet after cleaning is so small.

I caught the croakers on the Chesapeake Bay from the shore, but I don't want to say where because if I do, then I won't have any room to fish (SMILE). I learned a lot from PIER AND SURF, but I think we need to tone down mentioning the specific fishing area because from some 2000 miles of Chesapeake Bay shore, only a few miles are available for shore fishing access.

·
Banned
803 Posts
ITS ABOUT TIME! that i seen you here again. Looks like you been very productive as we all have or tried. way to go on the onslaught of croakers ville. hope your catch next would yield as many 40" rockzilla's THAT we are all trying to get and NOT ON A BOAT. We are the foot soldiers of surf fishing! we do the grunt work, and the rewards are far better than those whom may be boat bound. (not meant to be offensive to boat owners)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts