Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an article on how they are catching croakers in the bay using a 3/4 oz jighead and a 5" BA. Preferred colors are Opening Night or Chartruese Glitter. Method is to work the lure S-L-O-W-L-Y across the bottom.

Has anyone tried this? Any results?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Was that Capt Brady's article? Yes it works on everything in the bay, but I've had most luck with stripers using this technique.

May the "FORCE" be with you. :D

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Topwater" Joey,

Yes it was his article. Didn't want to plagarize it too much as it was on another site so only posted parts of it.

Got to try that! Howz the Narrows doing?

·
Registered
399 Posts
they do work but I you want to catch huge croakers use a 1oz bucktail with a strip of cut bait and drift along a channel edge at night. this has worked for us in Va, Md, and De.

hopkins and diamond jigs work also for croakers. people really dont know how aggressive croakers are.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I thought they were only caught on bait! Thanks for the tips guys. ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Glad you asked. Went earlier this week to try and get the skunk off my back. The dinks were breaking everywhere. Action was good but nothing legal, average 14 - 16 inch fish. It's been a while since I've caught a keeper on the surface... very frustrating. Around this time last year I was limiting out everyday up top for two weeks. Perhaps it's time for a road trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts