Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The croakers and nice fat white perch have arrived at Thomas Point Park and the old rt.450 Bridge Pier. Everyone has been catching them all day on bloodies and squid.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Thanks - Maybe I'll do some fishing on my lunch hour as I work on the Severn River...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys, where is Thomas Point Park and the old rt.450 Bridge Pier. How can I get there??

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Big Bear,

The park and bridge are located off of Route 450. From anywhere, take 50E to the Route 450/Naval Academy exit. Stay in the right lane on the exit as the two left lanes lead to Route 2 North. Follow this road until you get to a light. This is the US Naval Academy bridge. Make a left at this light and then your first right. You will be following a road under the US Naval Academy bridge. This will take you to the old 450 bridge or further down - the park. It's like the bridge at Choptank - they tore down some of the old bridge when they built the new one.

It's listed in the Hotspots under Maryland but it does not give any directions.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The Old 450 bridge is park right by the bridge,you can't miss it,go down 450,and turn left at the light before the bridge,then take the 1st right,then you're there.A good spot for Aug/Sept Weakies.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I'm a early morning man myself though it really doesn't matter too much on that pier. I've seen them taken all day long.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been to the 450 for the past 2 1/2 weeks and we caught fish afternoon and evening. I have not tried early morning but i'm going to the choptank this weekend early morning and will let you guys know how I do.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bridge/pier is not that big, but once you get there you can fish under the bridge, the old marina (east of the bridge) or anywhere on the bridge. the fish are there so its not just 1 hot spot. Year before last we were allowed to fish at the Naval Academy. Its a very nice and clean place. Since the foolishness over iraq i have yet to see anyone fishing there

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
The marina/club to the left of the pier is posted "off limits". I would think twice about tresspassing there.

The beach area has given up some nice legal sized flounder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts