Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
While fishing my usual spot, I caught my first croaker of the year. A few casts later I caught another one. They were both small at 6 inches, so I sent them back to grow up to legal size.
I also brought home 16 spot, and 6 blue catfish.
Bait: Bloodworms
weather: partly sunny
Time: 4:30 to 8:30
Noseeums were horrible

People might look at you funny when you show up to the local pier with surf gear, while everybody else is using the usual bass type gear. When you are the only one catching you get some respect. The next time you show up and you see others with "surf rods", it makes you smile!

Tight lines

Registered
While fishing my usual spot, I caught my first croaker of the year. A few casts later I caught another one. They were both small at 6 inches, so I sent them back to grow up to legal size.
I also brought home 16 spot, and 6 blue catfish.
Bait: Bloodworms
weather: partly sunny
Time: 4:30 to 8:30
Noseeums were horrible

People might look at you funny when you show up to the local pier with surf gear, while everybody else is using the usual bass type gear. When you are the only one catching you get some respect. The next time you show up and you see others with "surf rods", it makes you smile!

Tight lines
Congrats on the catch! Curious that you mention Noseeums, as you're probably one of the few people I know that have mentioned this bug. Take care, and I hope your success in fishing continues.

Registered
thanks for the update. good to croakers are comming,will be out there next weekend

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the well wishes. Judy I call them tiny bugs that seem to cause irritation just by landing. They are extremely tiny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts