Pier and Surf Forum banner

CroakerFest 2002

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Manayunk Jake 
#1 ·
Greetings All!

For all of you guys patiently waiting for the hardhead run, I've loaded the pictures from me and Ed's 2002 rock/croaker trip last June. Not a bad haul for about two hours fishing time... Go to:
http://photo.epson.com/

and put my email address (Mynkjake1@aol.com) in the Visit Albums box.

#3 ·
Hey jake, when are you going to invite catman and I on one of your outtings, so we can learn from a "PRO". You should give lessions on the different techniques you use on crocker,Rock and others.By the way nice crockers in your picture album,I wish I could grow up just like you. :D :D TRIGGER

#4 ·
Greetings catman and TRIGGERFISH!

Ed and I are chartering the Sawyer for Thursday, August 21st. Its an evening trip (3:00 PM to 10:00 PM or so), and maybe this time we will get to fish at night! You're more than welcome to join us. We'll start with the mandatory limit of rock via chumming, then switch to croaker. I'll be fishing for the big red drum Capt Dave found last August (see photos on his web page.) I'm also going to try and convince him to drift for fluke (if there's no midseason closure), because we pick up a lot of shorts while fishing anchored up.

I'm far from being a pro -- but I do get my share of fish. Capt Dave is always griping about me trying "new" stuff when his methods are working. My argument is you'll never find out what works better if you just stick with what works. So I've drifted chicken livers in his chum slick, live-lined eels instead of spot, introduced him to "Perdue Peelers" (he refers to the fragrance as "tampon oil"), and always bring my tackle box (now a bag) and an assortment of rods and reels, even though he supplies tackle and bait. So far his methods have outfished mine, but I'm convinced the tampon oil is what drove those croaker crazy!

Anyway, the boat can fit up to 20 or so, but ED and I like to have room to move around. If you guys want to come, you're more than welcome. Splitting the charter between the two of us is getting pricey, anyway, especially since we rent a room for two nights. Check out the pics on his web site, check out the pics I have, then ask yourself what you'd like to be doing on a summer evening....

#6 ·
Jake...Thanks for the very kind offer but I start my vacation on the 23rd. With two off-shore tuna charters scheduled for 25th and another on the 28th I think I'd be pushing it a little to go with you guys on the 23rd. Being married for 30 yrs. I know how far I push her. If you guys are scheduling a fall charter I'd love to join and share the expenses. Again, thanks for the kind offer.

Catman.

#10 ·
Greetings All!

Yo Jamey and Erik!

Welcome aboard. Capt Dave has enough problems handling two Yankees, don't know what he'll do with four! Please don't ask us to translate what Gilbert is saying, 'cause we don't know most of the time ourselves. Keep in touch, I'll let you know when the deposit is due. If you two want to share a room the night of the trip (instead of driving back up to PA) Ed and I reccomend the Econolodge in Easton, MD. (Make sure you stipulate two beds...) Room was about $70.00/night last year, split by two its an affordable night's sleep. Rooms are air conditioned with small refrigerators for your fillets, an ice machine for your cooler, and good showers. If you guys agree on the room, reserve early, because motels in the area sell out quickly around weekends due to races and other special events in Dover. There's also a dive in Cambridge (the Cambridge Inn), but there's a bar attached and people roaming the halls all night.

#12 ·
Hey Jake,
Is there any way for me to join you guys in that trip? I would be more than happy to write you a check ASAP if you are willing to let me join your party. I know that you have probably had that trip planned for a while and don't want too many people to join you, but if you have any extra space, I would be happy to join you guys.
-Anthony

#13 ·
Greetings Anthony!

Welcome aboard! See the above post re: accomodations. If any of you guys are into crabs, Capt Dave can arrange for a floating crab feast while we fish for a few extra bucks... Maybe those spiced, empty shells will prove an effective chum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.