Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visited the Tidal Fish boards and see that they are starting to catch croaker at PLO at night. Won't be too long before they start moving up the bay. Can't wait to get into them, some of my favorite fishing.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Lets get a trip up for PLOSP on a wkend at nite(Fri. Sat)it'll be crowded at the ends,but I'v caught them on the sides with no trouble and hardly anyone has crossed my lines :mad:? so what do ya say!!!

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say yes! :D The rest of April is pretty well tied up for me but I'm available every Friday in May. Maybe you can show me how to catch a horse instead of a pony. I've never fished PLOSP so it'll be aew adventure for me.

Catman. :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ok catman your on,you pick the day and we'll meet there or somewhere of your choosing. My son got a acaedemic scholarship from one of the colleges outside Philly,I didn't get the name of the college,because they phoned my son and all I remember is the area code(610)but they are sending the information about the school this week :)

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trigger...First congrats to your son on winning the scholarship. I know it's a burden lifted off your shoulders. I went through it wih my daughters.

What kind of pier does PLO have, is it lighted, do I need to bring my cart? Will the same tackle we use at the Tank be OK? As soon as the bite is really on we'll go. I'll meet you down there because I'll probably catch a couple hrs. sleep in my Expedition before heading back to Baltimore.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thank you. The pier is 710 ft.long.and you will need your cart,9',10' rods are ok,yes it's lighted and the same tackle as the Tank.The bite will be going full force in the next week or so,so get new hooks or sharpen up the old ones. Last year we were hitting Rock on small white pearch(live)around the 20th of April but not keepers.I limited out on coarker,gave alot away to co-workers. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hay TRIGGERFISH where and what is the PLO?
Sounds like go place to wet my lines.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Tony
PLO stands for Point LOokOut. Good Fishing Especially if you can get in the left corner at the end of the pier. Rocks,Coackers,Blues. I might head down tommorrow If its not too Cold.Been Down once this month had no luck.Probaly to early but I had ToGo (fishin fever) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts