Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Bob this morning and he said it was good weather in Cristfield. A good breeze right down the court and about 85.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Charlie!
We missed you and your Family over the weekend, hope all is well.:)

Connman!
I see you got your wish last weekend. NO Mosquitoes OR Sandbaggers just a few biting flies!;)

GOD BLESS!
Earl-DC

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats to Bill and Earl! I couldn't stop thinking about you guys. I restored a front door, laid carpet in a hall way and replaced some rotted wood on the deck. Not a good trade. We wont miss the next one and we should plan ahead and get a good steak and fish banquit ready

·
Registered
578 Posts
Prelimanary results as remembered by me ,subject to confirmation.
150g
Bill Halpin Jr 673'
Conn leahy 669'
Earl Blake 664'

125g
Earl Blake 702'
Jimmy Johnston 683
Bill Halpin Jr 672
Conn Leahy 671

We had a great day . We tried walking and reeling out to the leads and got in 12 casts (6 each weight)plus a practice round . there were 14 casters in the relay and no problems with tangled lines etc.
Although it was 88deg in the shade ,it was hot and muggy on the field but we had a favourable wind mostly down the court which fadded to a slight quatering wind for the 125g.

Thanks to all who helped out

Ps. I caught my first red drum on Sunday , 36lbs.

·
Registered
680 Posts
charlie. i'll talk to bob and see how to get that rod.i would like to get it built in time for the clinic. i'll talk to youi later. thanks. bill:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Connman - I wrote the numbers down so here they are:

150gram
Bill Jr. 682.3ft
Conn 673.7ft
Earl 667.6ft

125gram
Earl 702.9ft
Jimmy 683.9ft
Bill Jr. 672ft

Way to go Earl and Jimmy!!!
Hey Bob, how much do you want for that rod?:):D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank You

Just wanted to thank all you guys for taking the time to answer my questions and for making my wife and I feel welcomed.
I want to especially thank Ed who spent several hours with me on Friday going through the basics.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting the distances. Congradulations to Earl Blake the overall winner this weekend. 700 and 702.8 ain't bad in those conditions. Of course he borrowed one of my rods and I may have a tough time getting it back. Just kidding. Right Earl!!!!!!!!
Jim Johnston 683.9 great casting and thanks for bringing that great Jersey corn for all to enjoy.
Ralph You did it again. Congradulations on your AA 150 win.
Lets not overlook Earl Johanson who had a personal best of 553.0 to win the A class 125 gr. event.
I sent the rest of the results to Blaine and he will post them on the Sportcast board as soon as possiable.
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend and making things go so smooth. If things can go that perfect with 15 casters there is no reason it can't work with many more. Everyone that attended this weekends event can be proud of a job well done. I'll post more later. Got to get to work.
Thanks to all
Bob Sales
Director Sportcast USA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bob

WHAT ROD!;) :D

GOD BLESS!
Earl-DC
Ps. I will be out of town this weekend (Baltimore Caribbean Carnival), if you need the measuring gismo, call me so I can get it to you before Friday. Sorry I won’t be there to beat-up-on the New Jersey crew.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi "ShoreBird",

It was nice to finally meet you, your lovely wife and your canine companion. I look forward to seeing you at the Surf Fishing Clinic next month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts