Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I goofed off around the Wye and Kent Narrows this weekend and had very little luck with the crabs. All this rain we've had this year has kept the salinity low in the creeks and has stalled the crabs from moving further north.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
A friend of mine went down to the PAX NAS last weekend and said he saw plenty of crabs down there. But SF is right with the salinity of the water they haven't gone very far up this year:(

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
They caught crabs from the pier

at Breezy on Sat. but too small to keep. If the rain stays away things should pick up in a week or two....Tightlines

·
Registered
212 Posts
People have been catching crabs in the Wye River for around a month now but it seems hit or miss. One day, over a bushel, next day nothing. I just saw my 1st report around Rock Hall this past weekend and the person got a bushel, so it looks like the crabs are now in the Chester. I know there are crabs up here in Dundee creek now also. Only problem with going crabbing is that you gotta make sure the tide is moving when you go. I went one day and got less then a dozen in 4 hours. I went back to the same spot on the Severn the very next day and got a easy bushel in the same 4 hours. Oh, I went a month ago.

- Dae

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Plenty of crabs around the pier where I keep my boat next to the Naval Academy but they're all small, real small. There's a guy that runs about a 500' trot line just off the pier and I've yet to him put anything in the basket. It will probably be late August or September before we see any decent crabs in the upper bay. By decent I mean 7" males. I don't even keep females. Anything smaller isn't worth fooling with unless you're making soup.

Catman.:D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
sure ya right catman no female crabs or lil for me either they got to be big and heavy my 2 cents :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts