Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we speak... Saw a couple of people taking good quantity (can't say they were legal size though) with crab lines. ;)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...My boat is docked in Whitehall Creek which is on the other side of the Naval Academy and the pilings are full of crabs. Most are too small but it's early yet. I'm going to build a sluff box and put in the water behind my boat. My section of the pier has 7 pilings so I should have peelers and soft crabs the rest of the summer.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice!

As you know catman those are some real nice bait to have out there on the water. Big drum, stripers and trout love em! I have a small crab net might have to grab some to take out fishing.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Man I can't wait for the trout. I was talking to a couple of guys at the pier and they figure they should arrive in about 2 weeks along with the blues. This summer is going to be a learning experience but as long as I can catch fish what the heck.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah crabs! I have done very well in the past at SPSP with fresh, cut spot and crabs for trout at night. Looking forward to getting in some fishing....retirement, move, new job is killing me!

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...How do you fish crabs for trout? Can you use cut up hard crabs or do they have to be peelers or soft crabs? Thanks for any info.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Soft Crabs

I know they make great bait but I cant seem to bring myself to cut them up and put them on a hook for something else to eat. Soft crabs have got to be my favorite meal. Save the softcrabs for me. I will trade you bloodworms for them. :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts